Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: will obtain
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Two E-Stops? One NC and one NO? Novakon Torus Pro PDB

Post by CivilCNC »

Upnorth wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:14 pm I have the acorn MPG. It does not have an EStop on it like my previous Mach 3 mpg did. My Novakon mill came with a estop that is magnetically attached to the front of the drip pan. Did yours come with one? I think it's better than one on the mpg. I can hit it far faster than fumbling to grab for a button on an mpg.
My only eStop is on the head of the novakon mill, and the vistaCNC pendant.. I'm definitely going to change that. Its too bad it doesn't seem like I can use vistaCNC with the acorn. Having the estop on the pendant was nice.

Do you have any photos of your estop? Must have been added afterwards.

Thanks
Jake
Upnorth
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1702

Post by Upnorth »

Sounds like you have one of the older machines. My mill is inside a home made enclosure. To activate one on the head I would have to open the doors to get at it. That would take too long. I recommend that you make one like I have you can put it wherever you want and it's easily movable. If you don't have one yet (enclosure) trust me you need one. If not the front are of the milling machine will be wet for about 12 feet and you will use a lot of coolant. I also upgraded the coolant lines as the originals were not adequate.
Attachments
thumbnail_20211027_150830.jpg
CivilCNC
CNC Control System Serial Number: will obtain

Post by CivilCNC »

Totally. Yes, same issue, why I got the Vista pendant. I will add an external estop for sure. I have a a curtain Enclosure I made up to contain coolant.. it works but it is slightly annoying. Your Enclosure looks great though I'd love to see as many pictures of that as you can share. If not in this thread maybe PM. here is my machine: its a 2013
20210902_202833.jpg
20210722_125138.jpg
Upnorth

Post by Upnorth »

Here are a few photos. The one of how the coolant lines are held on is obsolete though. They are now held on with pvc clamps and it's much more solid. Gives you an idea how I did it though. Changing the lines made a massive increase in coolant volume. I still need to make a proper top with lights for the enclosure and put some doors on the back. I just have some plastic sheets held on with magnets at the back now. Works 100% for coolant containment.
Attachments
thumbnail_DSC_0291.jpg
DSC_0283.jpg
DSC_0282.jpg
DSC_0275.jpg
Upnorth

Post by Upnorth »

The enclosure is made from galvanized sheet steel. It's readily available from any place that makes duct work for home furnace systems. They can bend and shear it to your specifications. It's held together with pop rivets. A few aluminum stiffeners were added around the door cutout. The doors are made from .125" Lexan.