Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Safety door input behavior

Post by jasonstewart81 »

Gary Campbell wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:15 pm No explanation required, yes or no will work just fine
Well in that case no. In my original post I explained that I'm still waiting on some of my components to arrive and still trying to determine which limit switches I want to swap out with for the current N.O. NPN style proxy sensors I have installed. As of the moment I'm just playing around with my Acorn board on a desk and hooking up an standard toggle switch to INPUT #1 to simulate a door open situation. I have already set CNC12 P985 = 1.0000.

I figured given the fact that even though I don't physically have my Acorn board installed yet I should be able to fully simulate me either running commands through the MDI or simulate an actual job running regardless of whether it's connected to a physical machine yet.

Basically all I'm looking for is very simple compared to an industrial machine as this is going to be on my small Onefinity CNC router. There isn't going to be any physical door that I open to trigger a safety situation. It's going to be an E-Stop style mushroom cap switch that will be my SAFETY_DOOR trigger. How I want it to respond when pushed in is as follows below....

"IF" In the event that the machine is either at idle (nothing running), or in an MDI state, or a physical program running, or M3 spindle active in auto or manual "THEN" pause all operations, stop any M3 commands and raise the Z axis to machine Z0 to be clear of the work piece. Once SAFETY_DOOR switch has closed press CYCLE_START to resume.

As I said in my original post this is EXACTLY how the normally open set of "FEED HOLD" pins (that's how it was labeled on the Carbide Motion control board) responded when you closed those pins via a door switch or physical latching button. It would display it on the motion control software as a "DOOR OPEN" message. It would immediately stop the spindle analog output signal 0-5v pwm, raise the Z axis to machine Z0, and pause the job until you opened the switch circuit (door closed / switch reset) and prompt you to hit resume to continue.
jasonstewart81
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by jasonstewart81 »

So, I just hooked everything up again and found that pressing the "TOOL CHECK" actually appears to do EXACTLY what I'm looking for. So I guess now my question is having an input set up to trigger a "TOOL CHECK" situation without having to mess with the default functionality of the "SAFETY_DOOR" input.
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Hence the second post in this thread from Marc. If you don't want to handle the PLC programming yourself, Centroid can do it for $90/hour, or I believe Marc also does custom PLC programming - http://cncsnw.com/
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
jasonstewart81
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by jasonstewart81 »

I apologize. I went and searched and found "ToolCheck2" in the input definitions. It's doing exactly what I need. Thank you all for your time as it's much appreciated.