Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Missing mfunc6.mac file. & Question on Probeapp

Post by BillB »

Onto the next phase of my build, I'm on to setting up my touch plate and Probeapp. My CNCM directory is missing the mfunc6.mac file, where can I download it? Looked around on the Centroid site not sure where to find it. I do see the customized macro files others have posted in the threads below but I'm going to go with the Probeapp as long as it meets the need in my Q below.

Tool Setting Options For Routers and Mills
&
https://www.centroidcncforum.com/viewto ... c337aac131

As I read about tool setting options for Acorn and CNC12 there is something I have not come across yet. Dose the Probeapp give you the ability to scan & save multiple tools with fixed end mill style tools holders and store them in the offset library? I don't want to Z scan between every tool change. Lots of explanation on tool setting for routers with muli tool changes but have not come across that info yet.

The Sherline mill has several tool holding options including permanent type tool holder that screws on the shoulder of the spindle as shown. These are the type holders I will be using and have several standard tools I need to set up 1 time.
Attachments
IMG_9176.jpg
centroidsupport
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Missing mfunc6.mac file. & Question on Probeapp

Post by centroidsupport »

mfunc6.mac is not needed unless you need to customize it. The default actions of m6 are handled in the control unless there is a custom mfunc6.mac present
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Missing mfunc6.mac file. & Question on Probeapp

Post by swissi »

BillB wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:01 am Onto the next phase of my build, I'm on to setting up my touch plate and Probeapp. My CNCM directory is missing the mfunc6.mac file, where can I download it? Looked around on the Centroid site not sure where to find it. I do see the customized macro files others have posted in the threads below but I'm going to go with the Probeapp as long as it meets the need in my Q below.

Tool Setting Options For Routers and Mills
&
https://www.centroidcncforum.com/viewto ... c337aac131

As I read about tool setting options for Acorn and CNC12 there is something I have not come across yet. Dose the Probeapp give you the ability to scan & save multiple tools with fixed end mill style tools holders and store them in the offset library? I don't want to Z scan between every tool change. Lots of explanation on tool setting for routers with muli tool changes but have not come across that info yet.

The Sherline mill has several tool holding options including permanent type tool holder that screws on the shoulder of the spindle as shown. These are the type holders I will be using and have several standard tools I need to set up 1 time.
The ProbeApp has a detailed User Guide answering all the questions you asked above.

For machines with fixed tool holding, the ProbeApp has a built in Tool Library Manager that puts all the functions you need right at your finger tips on one screen. Selecting and configuring CNC12 with the correct method for tool height offset measurements is something many new users struggle with and the ProbeApp - Tool Library Manager provides a guided Setup Questionnaire that will configure everything correctly based on the answers given in the questionnaire.

Here's the direct link to the User Guide Chapter that describes the Tool Library Manager in more detail. Check it out and ask questions here if something is still unclear.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com