Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

RTG Screen Refresh Rate

Post by bagels »

Is it possible to change the RTG redraw rate during operation? With a faster feedrate and a smaller tool, it can be hard to see whats going on.

Or alternately, could there be an option to not show the diameter of the tool, but instead just have a smoothly tracking crosshairs at the effective tool position center? A majority of hobbiest or DIY controller CNC users don't have an ATC, and won't necessarily specify tools in their Gcode or postprocessor. I know from a quick search of forum posts (looking for an answer to the first question) that this has come up a couple times before.
CNCMaryland
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA7CBF8b-103011290

Re: RTG Screen Refresh Rate

Post by CNCMaryland »

Click Trail Off - I think F9. That will remove the diameter of the tool.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

diameter of tool represented on the graphics is determined by the G code being run and the diameter value of the tools in the tool library.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
bagels
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC12: Yes

Post by bagels »

Thanks guys, but neither of those comments answered the question. I am both aware of how to set the diameter of the tool and also aware of how to remove the trail. This RTG system works well for very slow feedrates, but above about 5000mm/min and/or below about .25" it reaches its limits as shown in my picture.

What I would like is a more functional trail. I was wondering if it was possible to increase the drawing rate so that it drew MORE dots per unit time, or else to have the ability to simply trace the line with a pointer at the full computer refresh rate. similar to Linuxcnc, Uccnc, Mach 3/4 etc. etc.