Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

RTG - Job Progress

Post by bagels »

Is there some way to see the progress of the job on the run screen? On the graph screen it has a projected job length, and on the G-code screen it has the elapsed time, and on the RTG screen it has.... neither lol.

A Time elapsed and Time estimated both on the RTG screen would be a really nice simple feature. Or at least put the estimated time on the G-code screen with the elapsed time if you want to keep the RTG screen clean. Nobody who is running code on the G-code screen is trying to keep information off their screen lol.

Or even a progress bar, a percentage complete, even a % of lines of code completed... something?

Is this something that maybe I just missed in the settings/parameters somewhere?
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: RTG - Job Progress

Post by cnckeith »

press F8 G-code button to switch from RTG mode to G code display mode when running a job.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
bagels
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by bagels »

Thanks for replying,

Unfortunately there is no progress info on either screen, only a "time elapsed". Switching between screens doesn't change that.

As per my original post, I'm not picky about what kind of progress, just something to get a feel for how far a program has gone.
Is there a setting or option somewhere to enable some kind of progress bar, or percentage completion?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

No, there is not.

The added software complexity required to make such a display remotely accurate would be hard to justify. Consider that CNC programs can include subprogram calls and looping, and also that the time required to run a program depends on where you set your overrides and other factors.
bagels

Post by bagels »

I hear you - which is why (per my original post, again) I suggested even a percentage of lines of code completed, or based on the job estimate (which is already calculated on the graphing tab - so this estimate code is already part of CNC12).

All the suggestions I proposed are not rewrites of the system, simply adding a line of text to the display for something that is already known in software or has already been calculated. Its a display/GUI request, that's all. Currently there is nothing, so even a rough or vague estimate would be a helpful feature.
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

bagels wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:27 pm I hear you - which is why (per my original post, again) I suggested even a percentage of lines of code completed, or based on the job estimate (which is already calculated on the graphing tab - so this estimate code is already part of CNC12).

All the suggestions I proposed are not rewrites of the system, simply adding a line of text to the display for something that is already known in software or has already been calculated. Its a display/GUI request, that's all. Currently there is nothing, so even a rough or vague estimate would be a helpful feature.
I agree, this would be a GREAT addition to either screen when running. I'd love to know approximately where I am in the job. Percentage wise or time wise. It could go on the RTG screen where the silly animated graphic of the z axis is. :mrgreen: I don't see any use for the animated graphic of the z axis moving up and down when the z axis depth is on the screen right above it. This would be a great place for some timers.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

Graph the g code program, hit Time Estimate and CNC12 lets you know how long the g code program will take to run at 100% overide.
graph time.PNG
then actual time is displayed on the g code view.
g code time.PNG
now you have a good idea how far along things are while the job is running.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Thanks Keith, that's certainly helpful to know. I always graph my jobs BEFORE I hit cycle start and know that the estimated run time is displayed by default with even having to hit Time Estimate. I was unaware that the elapsed time was displayed on the g code screen as I rarely look at that screen. I'm always running at 100% override and the estimate is pretty accurate. I guess now I wish that the estimated time would stay on the RTG screen as I'm sure I'll never remember what it was after I press cycle start. :mrgreen:
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

ShawnM wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:23 pm Thanks Keith, that's certainly helpful to know. I always graph my jobs BEFORE I hit cycle start and know that the estimated run time is displayed by default with even having to hit Time Estimate. I was unaware that the elapsed time was displayed on the g code screen as I rarely look at that screen. I'm always running at 100% override and the estimate is pretty accurate. I guess now I wish that the estimated time would stay on the RTG screen as I'm sure I'll never remember what it was after I press cycle start. :mrgreen:
yeah, i can add that to the list..should be easy.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

cnckeith wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:18 pm
ShawnM wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:23 pm Thanks Keith, that's certainly helpful to know. I always graph my jobs BEFORE I hit cycle start and know that the estimated run time is displayed by default with even having to hit Time Estimate. I was unaware that the elapsed time was displayed on the g code screen as I rarely look at that screen. I'm always running at 100% override and the estimate is pretty accurate. I guess now I wish that the estimated time would stay on the RTG screen as I'm sure I'll never remember what it was after I press cycle start. :mrgreen:
yeah, i can add that to the list..should be easy.
That would be awesome, thanks.