Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Go to X0, Y0, Z0, macro

Post by cnckeith »

so a "GOTO WCS XZ 0" = G98 G1 X0 Z0 F(whatever feedrate you want put here)

or put it on two lines so the z moves first.

G98 G1 Z0 F(whatever feedrate you want put here)
G98 G1 X0 F(whatever feedrate you want put here)
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
BillB
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by BillB »

cnckeith wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:43 pm so a "GOTO WCS XZ 0" = G98 G1 X0 Z0 F(whatever feedrate you want put here)

Thank you Keith got it set up and working, Let me ask you this. I set it up in the CNCT directory and is working fine. Since I also have my little mill set up using M55 & M56 with the same function are they 2 separate directories for CNC12 mill and CNC12 lathe functions? I noticed the mill Mfunc55 is in the cncm directory. When I go back to the mill will it still work for the mill?

2nd Q on that, I would also like to add a 0X and 0Z with separate buttons, but there is no M56 button on the VCP like there is in CNC12 Mill. Would that mean only way to add those would be to customize the VCP OR can I just quickly add 2 more buttons?

Also another question is, I went to set up my MPG with macro buttons but I do not see any (MPGMacro1 2 3 or 4 files in cnct like the pop up suggests in CNC12 for location? I also Looked for the MPG manual in (all docs here on the forum) do not see an actual manual for the MPG is there one? Only doc is the 3 page set up guide.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

BillB wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:22 am
cnckeith wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:43 pm so a "GOTO WCS XZ 0" = G98 G1 X0 Z0 F(whatever feedrate you want put here)

Thank you Keith got it set up and working, Let me ask you this. I set it up in the CNCT directory and is working fine. Since I also have my little mill set up using M55 & M56 with the same function are they 2 separate directories for CNC12 mill and CNC12 lathe functions? I noticed the mill Mfunc55 is in the cncm directory. When I go back to the mill will it still work for the mill?

2nd Q on that, I would also like to add a 0X and 0Z with separate buttons, but there is no M56 button on the VCP like there is in CNC12 Mill. Would that mean only way to add those would be to customize the VCP OR can I just quickly add 2 more buttons?

Also another question is, I went to set up my MPG with macro buttons but I do not see any (MPGMacro1 2 3 or 4 files in cnct like the pop up suggests in CNC12 for location? I also Looked for the MPG manual in (all docs here on the forum) do not see an actual manual for the MPG is there one? Only doc is the 3 page set up guide.
hello. you can add or change the VCP buttons anyway you like. this manual tells you how.
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... manual.pdf

MPGmacro1,2,3,4 files are located in c:cnct\system
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
BillB

Post by BillB »

Thanks, Keith, What about the manual for the MPG So I can program the buttons?
Gary Campbell
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

BillB wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:51 pm Thanks, Keith, What about the manual for the MPG So I can program the buttons?
WIZARD >> MPG Tab >> Edit Macros

Or copy and paste the desired macro text into C:\cncm(rt)\system\plcmacro (1 thru 4)
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
BillB

Post by BillB »

Gary Campbell wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:38 am
BillB wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:51 pm Thanks, Keith, What about the manual for the MPG So I can program the buttons?
WIZARD >> MPG Tab >> Edit Macros

Or copy and paste the desired macro text into C:\cncm(rt)\system\plcmacro (1 thru 4)
good to know you can do it in the wizard. Thanks, I got it figured out and all my MPG buttons working now.