CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Go to X0, Y0, Z0, macro (RESOLVED)

Post by BillB »

Hey all,

I started looking around for a macro function I would like to have and wonder if it exists somewhere. I have not found it yet, would I need to make a custom macro for it?

I like to verify and double-check my 0,0,0 before hitting cycle start so I want a GO TO Z0, X0, Y0 instead of typing into the MDI every time I want to send the cutter to zero locations. I would like to send all 3 axes at the same time for the 1st macro, then have individual ones as well. I want a single button for each but do not want to type in the axis like some of the other macro functions Ive seen so far.

I would also like to have a button for each axis.
GO TO X0
GO TO Y0
GO TO Z0
GO TO A0
Muzzer
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269594F9C-0110180512

Re: Go to X0, Y0, Z0, macro

Post by Muzzer »

Sounds as if you need to customise your VCP and/or map those macros to keys on your MPG, assuming you have one.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5089[url][/url]
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Bill, there is already a button on the stock VCP for part zero. It reads "GOTO WCS XY0" and it's yellow. It moves the cutter to part zero once it's set. Plunging the Z to part zero in the macro can be added but in my opinion is dangerous if you are 100% sure it's correct. And because you are wanting to "verify and double-check" this tells me your not 100% sure each time. I'd suggest not plunging to Z0 in the macro and instead manually jogging down to verify part Z0 but you could easily add that to the existing macro. There's a reason the z plunge is not in the stock macro. :mrgreen:

Then you could modify the existing macro, mfunc56, just to do one axis at a time if you wanted but you might run out of button spaces on your VCP.

If you customize these types of macros just be sure to raise the Z axis to machine zero before you start moving around the table so you don't crash into things. :shock:
BillB

Post by BillB »

ShawnM wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:14 am Bill, there is already a button on the stock VCP for part zero. It reads "GOTO WCS XY0" and it's yellow. It moves the cutter to part zero once it's set. Plunging the Z to part zero in the macro can be added but in my opinion is dangerous if you are 100% sure it's correct. And because you are wanting to "verify and double-check" this tells me your not 100% sure each time. I'd suggest not plunging to Z0 in the macro and instead manually jogging down to verify part Z0 but you could easily add that to the existing macro. There's a reason the z plunge is not in the stock macro. :mrgreen:

Then you could modify the existing macro, mfunc56, just to do one axis at a time if you wanted but you might run out of button spaces on your VCP.

If you customize these types of macros just be sure to raise the Z axis to machine zero before you start moving around the table so you don't crash into things. :shock:
No GOTO WCS in my VCP? I have the mfunc56 button but when I click it gives me the message shown. Do I need to turn on or activate one of the parameters to activate the macro and turn the button on?
Attachments
6.JPG
5.JPG
4.JPG
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Sorry, I forgot you installed the Mill version. There is a button and macro on the VCP for the router version. It'll work exactly the same on your Mill version and you can assign it to button M56. You can then customize the M56 button or others any way you like using a free program like Inkscape.

You get that message when you press M56 because there is no macro code currently in M56 macro. Here's a link to the VCP manual and how to edit buttons.

Centroid VCP 2.0 Users manual
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... manual.pdf
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

edit M56 to your liking and you are done.:-)

you could also run the cnc12 installer on another pc and choose router..then simply copy the router vcp Goto xoyo graphic to replace M56 .svg file and open the goto xoyo macro and copy the contents to the m56 located in the mill install.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
BillB

Post by BillB »

cnckeith wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:53 pm edit M56 to your liking and you are done.:-)

you could also run the cnc12 installer on another pc and choose router..then simply copy the router vcp Goto xoyo graphic to replace M56 .svg file and open the goto xoyo macro and copy the contents to the m56 located in the mill install.
Thanks Keith the copy method sounds good to me. :)
BillB

Post by BillB »

So I got this working and is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, guys.

I assigned M55 for XYZ after adding the Z-axis and M56 for XY.. Don't worry I won't crash the tool into my vise. ;)

MACROS ARE SO COOL! :D

2 things 1 question

I can not find the.SVG graphics files? Im only finding bitmap files in the CNCM directory. Is there a hidden folder?

Is there a way to add a function to the Z-axis move to stop it from plunging all the way down to Z0? a user-defined amount for example of .1 above the stock?
CNCMaryland
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA7CBF8b-103011290

Post by CNCMaryland »

For what its worth, the wireless pendent has the option for 4 push button macros, and this is what I use, and its great.
#1 slot is a G28 to get the machine back to home, #2 - XY = 0, #3 - Z =0
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

If you want Z to be above zero, instead of G0 X0 Y0 Z0 in your macro, just use G0 X0 Y0 Z0.1 or whatever height you wish.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.