Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Touch plate sets off e stop

Post by n737rp »

I had the touch plate working last week. Made a few upgrades in the box. Have it wired up the same..(i think) and now when the spindle touch's the plate its tripping the e stop. Any wise recommendations??
Thank you
n737rp
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Re: Touch plate sets off e stop

Post by n737rp »

in the wizard i have it set on input 7, but under the probe tab it is not listing the touch off with input 7 in the top box it is blank. every time i touch my plate to the spindle the E-Stop goes off. not sure if there is a glitch in my CNC12 software. but im pretty solid it is wired up the correct way

the wire from the plate is in input 7, the grounding wire/ clip is in the -24 side or common
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

n737rp wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:26 pm I had the touch plate working last week. Made a few upgrades in the box. Have it wired up the same..(i think) and now when the spindle touch's the plate its tripping the e stop. Any wise recommendations??
Thank you
You are not giving enough information for anybody to help you so the only recommendation we can give at this point is: Check your wiring again and make sure the Input settings in the Wizard match your wired inputs.

If you need more help, you need to follow this: Please Read Before posting questions here on the forum, report.zip and images required.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Report emailed from the system.
Attachments
report_E062347F8355-0813215077_2021-09-28_07-51-05.zip
(620.3 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
swissi

Post by swissi »

I can't see anything wrong with the configuration settings and I think it must be the way you wired your touch plate and the E-Stop.

Have you checked on the LED-Page (Alt-i from the CNC12 Main Menu) which LED changes color when you press the E-Stop button and when a tool touches your touch plate? That might give you some hints.

Can you post the schematics how you wired your TT and the E-Stop and maybe post some pictures too showing those connections?

-swissi
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

The log file show continuous e-stop messages. I think the e-stop is the problem and it's just coincidental the the OP first noticed the problem with the touch plate.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
n737rp

Post by n737rp »

swissi, i have checked the LED when the touch plate touches the spindle it lights the E stop LED the input 7 does not ever change on that page or on the actual Acorn board.

the touch plate has the wire that is mounted to it going into input 7, the other wire that is attached to the clip i have going to the -24 common side of my terminal blocks.

the E stop one wire to the input 8 the other wire to the -24 common terminal block. that Estop works just fine.
only 2 wires on both the E stop and the touch plate

i had upgraded to better stepper drivers and i wired the touch plate back the way it was prior. it was working just fine. now i changed me setup using the Leadshine DM and set my parameters that is the only item i changed in the wizard
swissi

Post by swissi »

n737rp wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:45 am swissi, i have checked the LED when the touch plate touches the spindle it lights the E stop LED the input 7 does not ever change on that page or on the actual Acorn board.

the touch plate has the wire that is mounted to it going into input 7, the other wire that is attached to the clip i have going to the -24 common side of my terminal blocks.

the E stop one wire to the input 8 the other wire to the -24 common terminal block. that Estop works just fine.
only 2 wires on both the E stop and the touch plate

i had upgraded to better stepper drivers and i wired the touch plate back the way it was prior. it was working just fine. now i changed me setup using the Leadshine DM and set my parameters that is the only item i changed in the wizard
When you touch the touch plate with the clip and the LED of Input 7 does not change color but the LED of Input 8 does there's definitely something wrong that you need to investigate with simple, basic troubleshooting steps.

If you have two things that are causing issues (Input 7 & 8) you take one of the things out of the equation and see if the findings are giving you more clues. Set the E-Stop Input 8 in the Wizard to NO and completely remove the E-Stop wiring. Then touch the touch plate with the clip and see what happens now.

Also post a screen shot of your Wizard Input configuration and one of the Wizard Tool Touch Off screen.

-swissi

n737rp

Post by n737rp »

swissi,

ok the estop not wired and switched to NO the touch plate works fine. ill get some screen shot here soon. I have i think a cheap e-stop switch installed an Amazon special. Not sure if that would cause an issue
Attachments
screen 2.png
screen 1.png
n737rp

Post by n737rp »

my e-stop has the ability to be wired either NO or NC. I have it set up on NO and wired up to Acorn. with it set like this the touch plate trips correctly the e-stop works also. Id rather have the E-stop NC. I know the touch plate and e-stop are wired to the diagrams that Centroid provides. So at this point I'm lost, other than trying a different E-stop