Acorn / Deckel FP1

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

Mathes
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn E415F6F6BFF1/0503203220 Colchester Lathe
and a Deckel FP1 with Acorn, both with WMPG
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Acorn / Deckel FP1

Post by Mathes »

Hello Centroid team,

I am close to finish my Deckel FP1 with your system, after using PCDREH (German system) over 20 years.

Last days I start some test, the machine runs well without bigger issues during the converting.

I have some question or ideas:

- I it possible for the Z axis to implement a second speed for lifting and lower? The machines with a heavy table have some issue. The lowering speed can be increased than the lifting speed.

- Is it possible to add a finish pass to the intercon frame function?

Only ideas...

Thanks in advance for a reply!

Kind regards

Mathias
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Acorn / Deckel FP1

Post by cnckeith »

hi,
typically for a frame mill finish pass you program the first frame a little smaller than the finish amount then add another frame (it remembers all your settings so just a few button clicks to do this) at the final dimensions desired.

i think you are asking if the Jogging Speed can be different in the positive or negative direction while using the VCP buttons? currently the answer is no (we will add this in the future) but here are alternative ways to move the machine at different speeds 1.) Use the wireless MPG to jog, the machine only moves as fast as you turn the wheel. 2.) Use MDI mode and tell the machine to move to the position at the speed you want specifically G1 Z25 F200
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
tblough
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

The correct solution to your jogging problem is to counterbalance (by weights or air cylinders) your Z axis so the torque on the motor to raise or lower is the same.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

cnckeith wrote:i think you are asking if the Jogging Speed can be different in the positive or negative direction while using the VCP buttons? currently the answer is no (we will add this in the future)
Servo CNC12 v4.12 introduced separate Fast Jog rates for plus and minus directions. Was that not included in Acorn?

Of course, if the reason for having separate rates for different directions is because the motor cannot go that fast when lifting the axis, then it would have made more sense to have separate Max Rate values. However, I am not suggesting Centroid make that change. The added complexity, extra setup time, and opportunity for error are too great compared with the meager benefit for a few machines that lack provision for counterbalancing.
cnckeith
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

cncsnw wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:44 pm
cnckeith wrote:i think you are asking if the Jogging Speed can be different in the positive or negative direction while using the VCP buttons? currently the answer is no (we will add this in the future)
Servo CNC12 v4.12 introduced separate Fast Jog rates for plus and minus directions. Was that not included in Acorn?
That feature is on the to do list to port over to Acorn. Also, we are working on bringing Oak/Allin1DC/MPU11 CNC12 (internal slang "Servo CNC12") and Acorn CNC12 together as one unified piece of software, same installer for all etc. So when a feature is added to Acorn it will be in Servo and vise verse.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Mathes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn E415F6F6BFF1/0503203220 Colchester Lathe
and a Deckel FP1 with Acorn, both with WMPG

Post by Mathes »

Hello,

many thanks for the reply!

I have done some additonal test regarding with your advise.

Work well!

Mathes