Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Chamfer and Radius with Intercon Lathe

Post by beevo »

I need to find a more hands on description of how to add these features to a part, drawing is attached for reference.

Of immediate need is the radius feature. Try as I might I have not gotten my mind wrapped around how this works. Searching for videos has drawn a blank.

A link to a video that walks through setting up the radius in Intercon would be great.
Attachments
Bushing I.jpg
Beevo (aka Bill VanOrden)
Tempe, AZ
cnc_smith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Chamfer and Radius with Intercon Lathe

Post by cnc_smith »

beevo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:11 pm I need to find a more hands on description of how to add these features to a part, drawing is attached for reference.

Of immediate need is the radius feature. Try as I might I have not gotten my mind wrapped around how this works. Searching for videos has drawn a blank.

A link to a video that walks through setting up the radius in Intercon would be great.

Bill,

I have a lot of drawing that call out a radius but do not give the start or end points. With these drawing there is usually enough dimension to get you a square corner. With this said the easiest way that I put a radius on the part when I am doing line by line moves or using the Profile F6 is program to a square corner then use the option for Connect Type. The Connect Type is how do you want to connect to the next line. Use the down arrow key to highlight The Connect Type. Pressing the F1 Connect will toggle through the options of different types of chamfers and radius. When the Radius is highlighted use the down arrow key to enter the Connect Radius that you want to connect to the next line. I always make a pass up across the face with the tool that is doing the finish pass with. That way I get the radius or chamfer on the first corner. Make sure when you are coming up across the face that X starts low enough for the radius or chamfer you are putting on. When you come to the radius where the flange is you can do the same thing there using the Connect Type.

Remember that the Connect type is how you are connecting to the next line. If you have a Connect Type defined and there is not a line move after that line there will not be a Connect Type move and you may get an error message. When I run to where I need a radius or chamfer at the end but do not to want cut the ending diameter I add a short Z move after that line and make the chamfer or radius little larger to get the clearance for what I need.

I have attached a screen short of a part I did. This part only needed the starting corner with a radius.

A side note: If you are doing an arc there is only the option to use an Arc to connect to the next line or arc.
Attachments
Intercon Connect Radius.jpg
Dana

When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
beevo
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Chamfer and Radius with Intercon Lathe

Post by beevo »

I'll try to digest this tonight when I get home.

I have programmed simple parts using Intercon, but never added and contoured features. I think I see the bit about the arc and using that instead of radius.

Too bad I can't import a DXF file....

Will advise when I play with this further.
Beevo (aka Bill VanOrden)
Tempe, AZ