Moderator: cnckeith

IPGregory
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 20D7787C45AB-0819226470 - 98F07B6F97F8-0623237343
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: ProbeApp V3: The Ultimate Probe Software for CNC12

Post by IPGregory »

centroid467 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:54 pm
That is definitely something worth trying! The only real problems I can see with this idea are the lack of physical checks for where the probe is. If the tool bins/numbers get scrambled somehow and it isn't caught it time then there may be some probe crashes ahead.
I added an edit to my post. Swissi did put a pause example in the macro he put up, so at least there is a capability to build in a check before any movement.
Thx
Ian

QueenAnt Pro V2 - CNC Router - https://photos.app.goo.gl/kg7CSvJsrAvAgRs26
MPNC - CNC Router - https://photos.app.goo.gl/ees2SER6C2Aw8AJ89.
Black Forest
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by Black Forest »

suntravel wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:47 am
centroid467 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:58 am .....

Automatic detection of wireless probes is a nontrivial problem.
Depends on how it is achieved...

Very simple is a switch in the storing of the probe, if removed from storing the switch turns probe detect on.

Could also be used for a wired probe if you want to skip plugging in and out.

Uwe
This is how my Probe is wired and it works flawlessly. Uwe recommended for me to do it this way last year. I just have a limit switch mounted on the fork the probe sits in when not in use. My probe stays plugged in all the time as does the TT.
IPGregory
CNC Control System Serial Number: 20D7787C45AB-0819226470 - 98F07B6F97F8-0623237343

Post by IPGregory »

Is it possible to set CSR automatically with the Probe App and a Pro License? In the SW matrix it says it can be done in CNC12 Pro, but in the forum I found posts saying it needs Ultimate?

If so, what option do I use?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-05 132005.png
Thx
Ian

QueenAnt Pro V2 - CNC Router - https://photos.app.goo.gl/kg7CSvJsrAvAgRs26
MPNC - CNC Router - https://photos.app.goo.gl/ees2SER6C2Aw8AJ89.
RJS100

Post by RJS100 »

Quick Probe App Question. I have been using this app for a few months now and love it! I keep finding new way to use it. When setting up, you can use Z home or a master tool as a reference. I can't remember why, but for some reason I could not get the Z-home approach to work (probably user error). I have been using the master tool since and all is well. Recently, I tried to setup a new tool and I got a message that said something like the master tool height had not been measured since a particular date, a number of days has passed, do I want to re-measure it again?

If the master tool is a designated reference tool that has a constant height, and all other tools are measured relative to the master, why is the app asking to re-measure it? If I re-measure it, do I need to re-measure all of my tool heights?

Thanks... Richard
lavrgs
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Post by lavrgs »

"If the master tool is a designated reference tool that has a constant height, and all other tools are measured relative to the master, why is the app asking to re-measure it? If I re-measure it, do I need to re-measure all of my tool heights?"

If the machine is a knee mill the app wants to verify that the table hasn't moved up/down
RJS100

Post by RJS100 »

I am using a bench mill. The software would not work unless I re-measured the master tool height
RJS100

Post by RJS100 »

Keith just posted a document on tool height measurements and pointed out that the master tool height may differ each time it is measured if the Z height is not repeatable. So the software prompts to re-measure it. You do not have to re-measure all your tools at this point as this method is looking at the difference between tool height being measured and the master tool height.
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

RJS100 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:49 pm Quick Probe App Question. I have been using this app for a few months now and love it! I keep finding new way to use it. When setting up, you can use Z home or a master tool as a reference. I can't remember why, but for some reason I could not get the Z-home approach to work (probably user error). I have been using the master tool since and all is well. Recently, I tried to setup a new tool and I got a message that said something like the master tool height had not been measured since a particular date, a number of days has passed, do I want to re-measure it again?

If the master tool is a designated reference tool that has a constant height, and all other tools are measured relative to the master, why is the app asking to re-measure it? If I re-measure it, do I need to re-measure all of my tool heights?

Thanks... Richard
The Reference Tool Method has to be used on a Knee Mill type machine where the distance between the MCS Z0 position and the top of the machine table changes. Also if a machine doesn't have repeatable, accurate Z-Axis homing, the distance between the Z-Home position and the top of the table changes every time the machine is being re-homed and therefore the Reference Tool Method should be used on such machines too.

With the Reference Tool Method, the Reference Tool will set a Zero point on the Z-Axis from which all tool height offsets are being compared to. The tool height offset of each tool is the difference in length compared to the Reference Tool.

It's important to understand that when the machine table on a knee mill has been moved up or down or if a machine with non repeatable, accurate homing has been re-homed, the Z-Axis Zero point that has been set with the Reference Tool is no longer valid. This has no impact on the tool height offsets that have already been set but if a new tool needs to be probed for height offset, a new Z-Axis Reference Z0 point must be established first with the Reference Tool before a new tool can be probed for tool height offset.

That's why the ProbeApp does have a timer of when the last Reference Height has been set and will give you a warning when you try to probe a tool height offset without establishing a new Reference Height first.

Hope this explains it well enough. If not please post a follow up question.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
Helinut
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Helinut »

When I use Probe App the direction of travel seems to be reversed. As an example when using single axis I have to select the oppiste side to get it to work. If I select the side next to the probe it will move away from the part until it eventually issues an error.
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

IPGregory wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:23 pm Is it possible to set CSR automatically with the Probe App and a Pro License? In the SW matrix it says it can be done in CNC12 Pro, but in the forum I found posts saying it needs Ultimate?

If so, what option do I use?
The CNC12 Pro License does let you probe the angle but you have to apply the CSR angle manually. With the "Find Angle" probing cycle of the ProbeApp you get the option to set the CSR angle automatically:

FindAngle.PNG

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com