Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: ProbeApp V3: The Ultimate Probe Software for CNC12

Post by Greg »

Would A axis probing routines like this be possible for centroid? I figure you are the person to ask
:D

Here is a short clip of my new homemade 4th with a air caliper brake. I am using your fusion post processor to drive it. It's nice to toggle M10/M11 with the click of a button. As always thank you for all the work you do
swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

Greg wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:53 pm Would A axis probing routines like this be possible for centroid? I figure you are the person to ask
Yes this is absolutely possible with CNC12. This is on my list of future features of the ProbeApp but I can't promise any timeline when this will be implemented.

In the meantime it's not that difficult to do this manually as all the necessary probing routines are available in CNC12, you just need to do the correction manually.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
occustoms
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes

Post by occustoms »

swissi wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:59 am
Greg wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:53 pm Would A axis probing routines like this be possible for centroid? I figure you are the person to ask
Yes this is absolutely possible with CNC12. This is on my list of future features of the ProbeApp but I can't promise any timeline when this will be implemented.

In the meantime it's not that difficult to do this manually as all the necessary probing routines are available in CNC12, you just need to do the correction manually.

-swissi
what about probing on a lathe for back side cutter. like on a 4 point. where you can touch the rear tool setter and do both right hand and left hand tools using diff probe inputs. so we can aproach from side, front, inside, or outside. like this style sensor.
Attachments
tool setter.jpg
tool setter.jpg (5.86 KiB) Viewed 18372 times
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

This would work with one input since you can dial in probe diameter and thickness....

Uwe
occustoms

Post by occustoms »

suntravel wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:53 am This would work with one input since you can dial in probe diameter and thickness....

Uwe
yes one input is fine. but im wanting to know if he can add it. Since the probe on a lathe will need to approach from 4 diff positions based on what tool you have to setup. like left hand or right hand tool, or i.d. boring bar or o.d. tooling. All need to approach from different axis posi or neg direction.

I already have his app for the mill stuff. But im wanting to make a drop down tool setter for the lathe, like modern lathes have with the 4 switch inputs like the picture. but i dont think the software is setup for all those different approach entries or am i wrong on that?
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Picture a circle tangent to the four touch-off faces. That is the probe "diameter" you would input into CNC12.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
suntravel

Post by suntravel »

occustoms wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:25 am
suntravel wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:53 am This would work with one input since you can dial in probe diameter and thickness....

Uwe
yes one input is fine. but im wanting to know if he can add it. Since the probe on a lathe will need to approach from 4 diff positions based on what tool you have to setup. like left hand or right hand tool, or i.d. boring bar or o.d. tooling. All need to approach from different axis posi or neg direction.

I already have his app for the mill stuff. But im wanting to make a drop down tool setter for the lathe, like modern lathes have with the 4 switch inputs like the picture. but i dont think the software is setup for all those different approach entries or am i wrong on that?
There is no probe App for the lathe, but the Acorn probing cycles are working in all four directions depending on how the tool is set up.

Uwe
occustoms

Post by occustoms »

Thanks, so i assume thats the approach angle when we setup tool in the offset table.
occustoms

Post by occustoms »

suntravel wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:14 am
occustoms wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:25 am

Uwe

There is no probe App for the lathe, but the Acorn probing cycles are working in all four directions depending on how the tool is set up.

Uwe
I dont think that we have 4 different offsets for probe for use on a lathe. Or am i missing something again?
suntravel

Post by suntravel »

There is diameter and thickness, if this probe is 40x40mm dial in 40mm diameter and 40mm thickness.

But it must be mounted in the centerline of the spindle.

Uwe