Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

0-10v stuck at 10.6V <user resolved>

Post by TaylorPilot »

I have one of the Automation Direct GS20 VFDs that is hooked up to a 2.2kw 24000 RPM 400 HZ spindle. I programmed all the drive parameters and got it spinning off the keypad on the VFD. So I hooked up the FWD, REV and Reset on relays 4, 5 and 6 and they are closing the circuits properly on the VFD (checked continuity with a multi meter). I have the output (VFD Fault) on the VFD set to NC and that is connected to acorn properly (if I change the wizard setting to NO, Acorn shows a spindle fault). When I setup acorn before connecting the VFD I checked the 0-10v using the file included, and that worked fine. But now when checking all the connections on the VFD, I noticed that the 0-10V is 10.6V and ramping the speed on acorn up and down doesn't change it. I also noticed, that even when the spindle isn't trying to be turned on, it still reads 10.6V. I cannot get the spindle to activate and am wondering if the voltage being over 10 keeping it from starting. After I get the 0-10V coming out of Acorn responding, if the spindle still wont spin, I will get on the phone with automation direct to check my settings. The manual is about 400 pages long, with about that many parameters you can set, so there very well may be a wrong setting on the VFD, but I don't imagine that would effect Acorn putting out a proper voltage? Guidance needed!
Attachments
report_402E71EB8251-0310214479_2021-07-27_23-27-20.zip
(637.51 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
TaylorPilot
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: 0-10v stuck at 10.6V

Post by TaylorPilot »

Disregard. I had the wire hooked to the 10v source on the VFD so that you can run a manual pot switch to control the speed. I hooked it up to the proper wire, and the VFD is displaying the corresponding frequency to what I set on ACORN. I am glad I didn't burn up the 0-10v input...that would have been a BUMMER!