Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Suggestions

Post by ymmit69@gmail.com »

I have been using my CNC for about 6 months, my wife and I are starting a business using the CNC as a central machine to us in that business.

I have an Openbuilds LEAD 1515 with a Blackbox and The INTERFACE, It has worked well on small projects as we have learned more and increased what we can do, it has failed to complete any large projects

after about 2 hours or so (times vary even on the same job), I have spent a lot of time grounding, Ferrites, no dust collection, #5 Braided copper Grounding cables to earth ground, but it hasn't changed, it does complete a dry run, no motor, no DC.

I then purchased the CNC xPro v5, thinking that the motors were being over driven. it has worked only marginally better. the Worst part of this system is the webUI is very buggy and i cant get cncjs to connect to the xPro

I am now thinking of an Acorn system using servo motors instead of steppers but still NEMA 23

Need help to get this off the ground

Thanks

Tim H
Richards
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Suggestions

Post by Richards »

There is a lot of good information on this site and on YouTube to get you started. Download and read the Acorn Installation Manual (https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... manual.pdf). Visit YouTube and watch Marty's videos (Martyscncgarage). Make a complete list of what you want your controller to do. (Number of axes? spindle? Vacuum hold-down? Dust/chip collection? etc.)

We're here to help. We can probably do that if you tell us exactly what you need to know.
-Mike Richards
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Suggestions

Post by martyscncgarage »

ymmit69@gmail.com wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:10 am I have been using my CNC for about 6 months, my wife and I are starting a business using the CNC as a central machine to us in that business.

I have an Openbuilds LEAD 1515 with a Blackbox and The INTERFACE, It has worked well on small projects as we have learned more and increased what we can do, it has failed to complete any large projects

after about 2 hours or so (times vary even on the same job), I have spent a lot of time grounding, Ferrites, no dust collection, #5 Braided copper Grounding cables to earth ground, but it hasn't changed, it does complete a dry run, no motor, no DC.

I then purchased the CNC xPro v5, thinking that the motors were being over driven. it has worked only marginally better. the Worst part of this system is the webUI is very buggy and i cant get cncjs to connect to the xPro

I am now thinking of an Acorn system using servo motors instead of steppers but still NEMA 23

Need help to get this off the ground

Thanks

Tim H
Hi Tim,
Along with what Mike Richards is suggestions, it would be good if you post pictures of the machine, the control cabinet etc.
Acorn can give you a solid control and User Interface but the rest of the machine needs to be just as good to give good results. Axis drives/motors properly matched/sized to the machine, good wiring practice in wiring the control cabinet (did you do the work? Do have have basic electrical/electronic skills to carry out the conversion).

Good luck with your decision.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ