Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: later
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

sunfar e380 speed oscillation

Post by skookem »

many people had much experience with controlling this VFD I'm finding the manual and programming very hard I need to be of 3 or 4 pages at once . 50 pages apart
So after verifying the acorn is putting out the analogue signal that is scheduled using the mill bench test programme the VFD is still behaving badly the speed oscillates 20 % .I'm yet to find any dead band adjustment the VFD manual doesn't mean its not there .
I was thinking of trying reconfigure in PWM but i cant find any centroid material on doing this should I look to the laser set up documents ? Is this possibly an RF noise Issue ? I think the 0-10 wire wire runs in the bundle unshielded I can address that ..
I'm also finding the spindle is not starting during a programme it does start by MDI ..
skookem
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Re: sunfar e380 speed oscillation

Post by skookem »

I wonder if I should look at just using one of the relays like the vac or blower to switch on off the spindle its not a big deal to reach into the cabinet and adjust the speed now and then
Gary Campbell
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

There are numerous posts that show some vfd's require a .1 micro farad capacitor across the analog terminals
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

I agree with Gary, read the many posts about VFD and noise. There is an easy fix it just takes time to run down the problem. Shielded wire is a must in these noisy environments. Proper grounding is also a must and there are a few ways to go about this also. The .1 mfd cap also makes a big difference.

Controlling the VFD manually is so 1990's. :mrgreen:
skookem

Post by skookem »

goin to shop getting the stuff and re running a shielded wire and + cap is likely to take me less time than searching and sifting through the posts based on how garbage i am and searching and sifting through posts this morning this morning . Thanks guys .. i ground the shield at the acorn end only ?
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

The analog in signal wire is shielded as well as the wire used for the output to the spindle. You’ll have to experiment with which end of the shield/drain wire is grounded or both in some cases. There are various schools of thought on grounding and honesty they all work because sometimes which end to ground can be machine specific. In the end, proper shielding, grounding and the cap will solve your issues.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

skookem wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 pm many people had much experience with controlling this VFD I'm finding the manual and programming very hard I need to be of 3 or 4 pages at once . 50 pages apart
So after verifying the acorn is putting out the analogue signal that is scheduled using the mill bench test programme the VFD is still behaving badly the speed oscillates 20 % .I'm yet to find any dead band adjustment the VFD manual doesn't mean its not there .
I was thinking of trying reconfigure in PWM but i cant find any centroid material on doing this should I look to the laser set up documents ? Is this possibly an RF noise Issue ? I think the 0-10 wire wire runs in the bundle unshielded I can address that ..
I'm also finding the spindle is not starting during a programme it does start by MDI ..
Can you clarify "Oscillates" You say the spindle speed is varying by up to 20%?
Never holds steady within a few RPM?
Take pictures/video of your setup and post.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ