Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3447
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Error Log: MPU Requested Resend - Solution

Post by seven7thirty30 »

I was getting the MPU REQUESTED RESEND error in my logs combined with imperfect circles on my AVID Benchtop PRO with Centroid Acorn. I discovered the coupler on one of my motors was loose and fixed that pretty easily. I bought a new ethernet cable and tried various cable routing methods to keep it away from interference but the problem persisted. I updated all my PC's drivers and did a fresh install of Windows, but the problem persisted. I tried a "hail mary" and plugged in my laptop's USB to Ethernet adapter and set it up. This solved the problem. Hope this helps some of you.
ridekp
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: Error Log: MPU Requested Resend - Solution

Post by ridekp »

I have found that I will get resend errors if my acorn control box is powered on before my PC. If windows is up and running, and then acorn is started the error log stays perfect. I'm not sure if it has something to do with windows drivers or the acorn reaching out via Ethernet on startup but that order of operations has become standard for me.

I hope you don't induce other issues using the USB adapter as I believe it is not recommended by Centroid.
seven7thirty30
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3447

Post by seven7thirty30 »

ridekp wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:40 pm I have found that I will get resend errors if my acorn control box is powered on before my PC. If windows is up and running, and then acorn is started the error log stays perfect. I'm not sure if it has something to do with windows drivers or the acorn reaching out via Ethernet on startup but that order of operations has become standard for me.

I hope you don't induce other issues using the USB adapter as I believe it is not recommended by Centroid.
I'll keep that in mind. So far I haven't had any issues.
Gary Campbell
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

One thing to consider is that using the adapter may create a ground isolation between the controller and PC. This is an indicator of a potential issue.

Plug the shielded LAN cable into the PC and with both the control box and PC on, measure DC volts between the cables shield and the controls LAN sockets ground surface.
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos