Upgraded to 4.64 and now serial # problems

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

jeffschacher
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: license-Oxford-F045DA765EDD-1108181321-pro-mill.dat
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Upgraded to 4.64 and now serial # problems

Post by jeffschacher »

Upgraded from 4.12 to 4.64 and fresh install,so far so good.
Import Pro License and says import sucsefull. But controller says free version and 50 k file limit.
Started system several times, I renamed the folder on hard drive and did a fresh install.
Worked before ok, now not so much. any Ideas what i need to do to get the mill back up and running?
Thanks
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Upgraded to 4.64 and now serial # problems

Post by cnckeith »

Post a fresh report.zip
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
swissi
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Upgraded to 4.64 and now serial # problems

Post by swissi »

jeffschacher wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:37 pm Upgraded from 4.12 to 4.64 and fresh install,so far so good.
Import Pro License and says import sucsefull. But controller says free version and 50 k file limit.
Started system several times, I renamed the folder on hard drive and did a fresh install.
Worked before ok, now not so much. any Ideas what i need to do to get the mill back up and running?
Thanks
Check if you have the license file license.dat in the c:\cncm folder. If it's not there, copy it over from the 4.12 backup folder.

If the file is there, open it in a text editor and see if you can read it. It should say that this is a Mil Pro license and the last line should show the date when the license was issued. If you are not sure, open the license file from the 4.12 backup folder and compare.

Sometime the license file gets corrupted, especially when you save the file on a Mac.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com