Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

ATC CNC Router Pro Problem <resolved>

Post by TheKitMill »

New 5x 12 Router table build with 10 Station Rack mount finger tool changer. Should be simple but can't seem to get it to complete the tool change.

Fresh install of CNC Router PRO , Downloaded the ATC files and installed per directions, Enter the tool change coordinates. Tool changer is in the front of machine at the opposite end of the Table to make loading easier because of machine location.

I downloaded the Finger without Auto TT to make it simpler. What the Machine does when a tool change is called up is go to machine zero no matter where on the table it is sitting then moves to tool change position starts the tool change sequence then fault prior to completing the cycle.

When i try to use Auto Tool set independent of the ATC macro The TT probe shows that it is there and when triggered changes state as expected but gives a no z zero reference error and does not touch off the tool.

There is a zero speed output from the Delta MS3000 spindle drive no spindle orientation tool changer used non keyed ISO 30 Holders. Rack is stationary located in the front of the machine. No dust show drop and I am not checking home limits before tool change

I am using DMM servos and Using Home all limit and the machines repeats and holds position within a.001 when measured with a 11 inch calibration bar Ballscrews on X and Z dual servos on Y with Rack and Pinion. This same macro did work on an earlier version of the software operating under CNC Mill pro. I did not do a Restore report to set this machine up instead I started from scratch using the wizard to set up the machine.

Most likely something simple I am just not seeing it.

I have tried a variety of Mfunc6.mac with various amounts of success.
Gary Campbell
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
CNC12: Yes

Re: ATC CNC Router Pro Problem

Post by Gary Campbell »

I'm not sure exactly what is or is not happening in your macro. Can you post a video of the action? You say "Fault" What fault? Post a screenshot of the fault message.

Post a copy of your M6 macro

What are your values for the following parameters: 3, 6, 17, 160, 161.
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
TheKitMill

Post by TheKitMill »

Attached are is an example of the errors and a more current report.

I will check the parameters in the morning. 6 is 1 160 is 1 and 161 is 9 I will have to check the others. This is on Router pro fresh install and I used the Posted ATC macro with fingers and with fingers and TT. Not at the same time. No luck with either. This machine does have the tool rack at the front of the machine to allow for loading in the rear of the machine without having to go over tool changer. It homes to Back left has TT , zero speed out from Delta Dust show retract for changing manual tool change button for hand loading fan cooled and air purge when the spindle is on.

Pretty standard stuff. I am no doubt missing something simple I just am not seeing it.
report_E415F6F7740F-1216204234_2021-05-24_12-52-55.zip
2021-05-19_14-06-11_484.jpeg
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

TheKitMill wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:48 pm Attached are is an example of the errors and a more current report.

I will check the parameters in the morning. 6 is 1 160 is 1 and 161 is 9 I will have to check the others. This is on Router pro fresh install and I used the Posted ATC macro with fingers and with fingers and TT. Not at the same time. No luck with either. This machine does have the tool rack at the front of the machine to allow for loading in the rear of the machine without having to go over tool changer. It homes to Back left has TT , zero speed out from Delta Dust show retract for changing manual tool change button for hand loading fan cooled and air purge when the spindle is on.

Pretty standard stuff. I am no doubt missing something simple I just am not seeing it.report_E415F6F7740F-1216204234_2021-05-24_12-52-55.zip2021-05-19_14-06-11_484.jpeg
Are you sure you posted the correct report file? The screen shot you posted with the 913 Error Could not open file O9100.nc does not match the report file you have posted. That error is not possible with the mfunc6.mac file that's included as that file does only have 68 lines and the error occurred on line 198! Also from the logic in the script, the script would never try to open 09100.nc. You are not giving us the whole story here to help you.!!!

This is also a very "primitive" ATC macro that assumes that the Tool# always matches the Bin#! Not very flexible and very limiting!

There's also no TT configured on the system and system parameter 3 is set to 0 (Reference Tool Method) which you should set to 2 on a router with precision homing (Reference Point Fix at Z0). No Tool Touch Off function will ever work with this configuration. You have to configure the TT first in the CNC12 Wizard.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
TheKitMill

Post by TheKitMill »

Thanks I am working through this one line at a time. Made some progress today hope to have everything working tomorrow
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

TheKitMill wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:30 pm Thanks I am working through this one line at a time. Made some progress today hope to have everything working tomorrow
Take the time to post an update and let us know if you resolved your issue and how.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
TheKitMill

Post by TheKitMill »

Hi Marty

I am installing it on a machine tomorrow and will report back if everything is working. Thanks to help from Swissi and his tool prob app which is great I think might have it operational. I ran it on the bench for 24 hours and cycled about 500 tool changes with success. I am using a wireless TT and a 8 position rack. And thanks Gary for the parameter check tip I did have one of them set wrong

Report and video to follow later in the week
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

TheKitMill wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:58 am Hi Marty

I am installing it on a machine tomorrow and will report back if everything is working. Thanks to help from Swissi and his tool prob app which is great I think might have it operational. I ran it on the bench for 24 hours and cycled about 500 tool changes with success. I am using a wireless TT and a 8 position rack. And thanks Gary for the parameter check tip I did have one of them set wrong

Report and video to follow later in the week
Cool!
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ