VCP jog buttons move wrong axes (resolved)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

bogend
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A81087C2F06D-0930192504
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: VCP jog buttons move wrong axes

Post by bogend »

Hi Marty,

Yes, I did a FRESH install and manually configured it. In fact, I did that twice. But, I followed your advice and tried again! (To answer your question about DROs updating correctly on the "Bad" VCP buttons -- the bad buttons did not update the DROs correctly.)

Third time was a charm, and it seems to be working this time. One difference, though, is that in the previous installation I had put my rotary axis on Axis4, then put it on Axis3, while trying tried both "A" and "C" naming. This time I only used Axis3 and "A" naming. I've attached a screen shot of the VCP. Notably, this VCP has only A+ and A- buttons, while C+, C-, A+, and A- buttons had been present previously, even though there was no configured C-axis.

Perhaps the problem was that the VCP could not forget the existence of a previously defined rotary axis?

In any case, things are good now.

Many thanks,
Dan
Attachments
VCP looks right.png
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

bogend wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:45 pm Hi Marty,

Yes, I did a FRESH install and manually configured it. In fact, I did that twice. But, I followed your advice and tried again! (To answer your question about DROs updating correctly on the "Bad" VCP buttons -- the bad buttons did not update the DROs correctly.)

Third time was a charm, and it seems to be working this time. One difference, though, is that in the previous installation I had put my rotary axis on Axis4, then put it on Axis3, while trying tried both "A" and "C" naming. This time I only used Axis3 and "A" naming. I've attached a screen shot of the VCP. Notably, this VCP has only A+ and A- buttons, while C+, C-, A+, and A- buttons had been present previously, even though there was no configured C-axis.

Perhaps the problem was that the VCP could not forget the existence of a previously defined rotary axis?

In any case, things are good now.

Many thanks,
Dan
Well, glad you have it up and running. However could you please post a Fresh Report with the new install. Centroid may want to compare your old configuration to the new one now working.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
bogend
CNC Control System Serial Number: A81087C2F06D-0930192504

Post by bogend »

Hi Marty,

I am attaching the report for the working installation. Also, I just noticed that in this installation the rotary DRO reports angle in cumulative degrees. That is, moving 360 degrees and then another 10 degrees is reported as 370 degrees. In the previous problematic installation the rotary DRO would report in a rollover format, something like 1R10 degrees.

Thanks, Dan
Attachments
report_A81087C2F06D-0930192504_2021-05-18_16-57-31.zip
(587.48 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
tfhess
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D2694D8E8B-0320180746

Re: VCP jog buttons move wrong axes (resolved)

Post by tfhess »

Marty or Keith:
Did anyone follow up on this problem as to what caused it? I realize bogend got his system to work, but it would be good to know what was going on because I have the same problem. VCP buttons move wrong axes, both Z+ and X+ buttons move A+ axis. The A- and A+ buttons work correctly. My 4.64 was set up on a clean install and manually repopulating the wizard with info rather than a report restore.
Tom
Attachments
report_0035FF8F5DAB-1010192560_2021-08-07_10-15-15.zip
(666.53 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: VCP jog buttons move wrong axes (resolved)

Post by martyscncgarage »

tfhess wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:52 pm Marty or Keith:
Did anyone follow up on this problem as to what caused it? I realize bogend got his system to work, but it would be good to know what was going on because I have the same problem. VCP buttons move wrong axes, both Z+ and X+ buttons move A+ axis. The A- and A+ buttons work correctly. My 4.64 was set up on a clean install and manually repopulating the wizard with info rather than a report restore.
Tom
Start your own new post please. Post the report there.
PS. Did you do a restore report when you upgraded or did you do a COMPLETE fresh install and key in all your machine parameters?

Please start the new thread.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ