Purchased a new Ether1616 board but it is not autodetecting in CNC12 Wizard (Resolved)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

AcornJosh
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Purchased a new Ether1616 board but it is not autodetecting in CNC12 Wizard

Post by AcornJosh »

This is Josh with Centroid Tech support.
According to the tracking provided by Arthur, This should be arriving at Centroid later today. Ill take a look and update everyone on what I find.
AcornJosh
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by AcornJosh »

Arthur
I received your Ether1616 today. It works just fine out of the box. CNC12 detected it on first power up and allowed me to assign inputs and outputs in the wizard.

I will return it today and when you get it back, I can log in via team viewer and help diagnose this issue with you.

Are you using the included Ethernet switch and shielded ethernet cables?
Arthur
CNC Control System Serial Number: A81087C2F400-0530192077
CNC12: Yes

Post by Arthur »

AcornJosh wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:37 pm Arthur
I received your Ether1616 today. It works just fine out of the box. CNC12 detected it on first power up and allowed me to assign inputs and outputs in the wizard.

I will return it today and when you get it back, I can log in via team viewer and help diagnose this issue with you.

Are you using the included Ethernet switch and shielded ethernet cables?
Thanks for the update Josh.
Yes, I am using TP-LINK switch and shielded cables supplied by Centroid.

Best,

Arthur
Arthur
CNC Control System Serial Number: A81087C2F400-0530192077
CNC12: Yes

Post by Arthur »

Hello everyone,

This is a promised update on E1616 board installation problem that I experienced initially:

I received E1616 board from tech support today and mounted back in it's housing. Did everything as I did after initial installation of the board. With TP-LINK ethernet switch powered up from independent AC circuit, powered up Acorn controller and after obtaining link/heartbeat proceeded to reboot the PC running CNC12. After bootup, Windows gave me the usual warnings about Firewall and Anti-virus services to be turned ON. After ignoring both messages I lunched CNC12 and received long promised message about Acorn detecting E1616 board. While it's a happy ending for E1616 board installation I am scratching my head :roll: Cannot point my finger on something that I messed or did differently the first time around. The only thing that I might think of being different is recent windows update that I installed over the weekend, but still am not certain if that's what it is. Probably it's worth mentioning that status display 7-Segment LED now shows chasing middle horizontal segments versus previously showing "I" (one)

Thank you all for your help!
Best,
Arthur
Windows Patch Update.png
Screenshot E1616 Out.png