Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E415F6F8DF80-0217212488
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post processor tweaks

Post by neowalla »

Hello folks, There are a few annoyance issues with the post processor behavior for Fusion 360 I would like to tweak if someone could point me toward information on how to do it.
First the dwell time is not long enough. The spindle is still coming up to speed and the machine is already in motion entering the material.
Second, after the job is done, the machine hauls ass to home with the spindle still spinning at full speed. I would prefer it simply retract Z and spin down the spindle, or just spin down spindle and return to WCS, not machine home.
I tried two different post processors for Fusion. One from Autodesk's website, and the one here from swissi.
When I run jobs created in Vectric Vcarve Pro, it behaves as expected so it must be an issue with the post processor for Fusion.
I attached a zip file with the two post processors and a fresh report.
1 Increase dwell time
2 Power off spindle first
3 Return to WCS or just retract Z
Attachments
report_E415F6F8DF80-0217212488_2021-05-01_08-31-18.zip
(827.78 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Centroid_Mill_MinRev-40783-swissi-005.zip
(29.57 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Re: Post processor tweaks

Post by swissi »

neowalla wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:34 am Hello folks, There are a few annoyance issues with the post processor behavior for Fusion 360 I would like to tweak if someone could point me toward information on how to do it.
First the dwell time is not long enough. The spindle is still coming up to speed and the machine is already in motion entering the material.
Second, after the job is done, the machine hauls ass to home with the spindle still spinning at full speed. I would prefer it simply retract Z and spin down the spindle, or just spin down spindle and return to WCS, not machine home.
I tried two different post processors for Fusion. One from Autodesk's website, and the one here from swissi.
When I run jobs created in Vectric Vcarve Pro, it behaves as expected so it must be an issue with the post processor for Fusion.
I attached a zip file with the two post processors and a fresh report.
1 Increase dwell time
2 Power off spindle first
3 Return to WCS or just retract Z
Look no further than a few posts down (Fusion 360 Post Processor for Centroid)

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
neowalla
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E415F6F8DF80-0217212488
CNC12: Yes

Re: Post processor tweaks

Post by neowalla »

Perfect! Thank you, swissi! I'm glad to see the settings also stick so you don't have to set these parameters every time, but can change them if needed. Great work. Another one to mark resolved.