conection two MPG wheels with acorn (Resolved)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

romanfox68
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

conection two MPG wheels with acorn (Resolved)

Post by romanfox68 »

Hi all, i am new in this community and i will very appreciate any info or help about this system .I am build up smole lathe and i like to convert for cn/cnc system . I like interface of acorn ,i saw lot of videos on youtube but no one answer me my questions ,so i hope somebody will help me here.
I am look for to connect two MPG for each axis separately + connect spindle encoder has any body done this , or you know if it is possible to connected with acorn ? propably with ALIN or OAK it is possible but they are very expensive ,I will use DC step motors from JMC .
thank you for your help , Roman
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: conection two MPG wheels with acorn

Post by martyscncgarage »

romanfox68 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:49 am Hi all, i am new in this community and i will very appreciate any info or help about this system .I am build up smole lathe and i like to convert for cn/cnc system . I like interface of acorn ,i saw lot of videos on youtube but no one answer me my questions ,so i hope somebody will help me here.
I am look for to connect two MPG for each axis separately + connect spindle encoder has any body done this , or you know if it is possible to connected with acorn ? propably with ALIN or OAK it is possible but they are very expensive ,I will use DC step motors from JMC .
thank you for your help , Roman
Roman,
It can not be done with Acorn. Acorn has only one encoder input and it is for a spindle encoder.
You need 3 encoder inputs to do what you are referring to.
Yes, All in One DC (with 3 DC Brush Servo Amplifiers built on) or OAK can do what you suggest.
(Oak drives external servo drives like Estun, Delta, Yaskawa etc)
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
romanfox68

Re: conection two MPG wheels with acorn (Resolved)

Post by romanfox68 »

Hi Marthy thank you for your reply , i like to ask you if you are familiar with electronic connection ( i am not at all ) is any chance you can connect this MPG somehow with motors ,I thing is like add on/off switch in wiring of light and maybe it will work? also i like to ask you ,the allin 1DC/CNC probably doesn't support step motors / step and direction / only amps system so servo motors , Marty is in pages any contact to sale department or tecnician department to ask them for details like how much is shipping cost to ireland or how to buy the turn licence for the 99usd , how to pay , ond couple more? thank you Marty
martyscncgarage

romanfox68 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:57 am Hi Marthy thank you for your reply , i like to ask you if you are familiar with electronic connection ( i am not at all ) is any chance you can connect this MPG somehow with motors ,I thing is like add on/off switch in wiring of light and maybe it will work? also i like to ask you ,the allin 1DC/CNC probably doesn't support step motors / step and direction / only amps system so servo motors , Marty is in pages any contact to sale department or tecnician department to ask them for details like how much is shipping cost to ireland or how to buy the turn licence for the 99usd , how to pay , ond couple more? thank you Marty
No, there is no practical way to connect an MPG to "motors" and maintain positional accuracy without encoder input.
All in One DC nor Oak support Step and Direction output.

Your best bet is to consider Acorn and purchase the wireless MPG (will allow you to switch between X/Y/Z/4th Axis and control manually):
All that information can be found on this page:
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... oller.html
Mesa, AZ
romanfox68

Post by romanfox68 »

Marty las i wrote ,i am new her so i learn slowly how i can orientate her ,so i find you own ALLIN motion card , i check up price in eure is 1500 eu so i will thinking about ,cen you tell me please if you buy it the software for lathe is free ?and what version i have litle bit chaos in orientation in pages even is look like very clear explained , so alin support 3 motors ( with out driver card? ) and step and direction version ? After 20 minutes i have to go in job so i can connect to morrow early if you will have time to talk i will very appreciate ,so and through this ALLIN cart i will able connect this MPG wheel and spindle encoder ?
martyscncgarage

romanfox68 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:21 am Marty las i wrote ,i am new her so i learn slowly how i can orientate her ,so i find you own ALLIN motion card , i check up price in eure is 1500 eu so i will thinking about ,cen you tell me please if you buy it the software for lathe is free ?and what version i have litle bit chaos in orientation in pages even is look like very clear explained , so alin support 3 motors ( with out driver card? ) and step and direction version ? After 20 minutes i have to go in job so i can connect to morrow early if you will have time to talk i will very appreciate ,so and through this ALLIN cart i will able connect this MPG wheel and spindle encoder ?
All in One drive DC Brush servos equipped with Line Driver/Differential encoders only.
Oak requires external Servo drives

Please post pictures of your project. You'll get better suggestions if you post more information.

IF this is your first conversion, I would STRONGLY recommend you use Acorn and buy the Wireless MPG. You must still have basic electrical/electronics experience and be able to read basic schematics or find someone to help you in order to avoid frustration and be successful. You also need to choose components that will work with your project.

Marty
Mesa, AZ
romanfox68

Post by romanfox68 »

Hi Marty how can i insert picture here? can you guide me please.
Marty the draws of wiring you provide are very clear and i can work with it ,with out problem ,i do not understand how cooperate some eletronic system together there i need help and how to connect it. I will use NEMA 24 with encoder max.4Nm torque brand JMC ( 60H100-5004-EC1000 )- 5A, 0,7 ohm, 36vdc
drive card 2HSS57-N ( 7A ,input-24,36,max 60 VDC )close loop system lathe will have 4 proxy limit switches one e-stop ,two PMG each for axis mount in sup panel with couple buttons for spindle start and stop and regulation for feeding , encoder for spindle , lathe has spindle gearbox so speed can be regulated manualy by VFD or very limited by eletronic ( by system ) . To find somebody who use centroid and know how to build up is almost in possibile ,i live in ireland and neer is england they are out of EU so it is pass ,it is very difficulty
Marty i like to ask you ,you wrote (All in One drive DC Brush servos equipped with Line Driver/Differential encoders only.) my motors are different !!! will they work with same type of motors like acorn do ?
Marty can you told me what different is between software CNC12 and PRO version - in pre set operations ? or can i see differences on video ?
can i convert some functions which are in system like for example button for move x axis on screen in to manual button ?
I saw some operation control panel with buttons, so i mean something like this one but with less buttons and more mechanical rather type buttons which are on panel so just buttons on your choice
my regards Roman
martyscncgarage

In the box where you type your message, click on Full Editor & Preview button, when you do, look under the box, there are two tabs under the Save draft, Preview, Submit buttons. one is Options and the other is Attachments. On Options click on Notify me when a reply is posted. That way you will get an email when someone replies to your post.
Then click on the Attachments tab.
Then click on Add Files
A dialogue box will open showing you your computer. Navigate to the pictures you want to attach.
Either double click on it OR select the pictures you want to attach and then at the lower right of your screen click Open
Wait for the pictures to upload
Then click submit

All Acorn information can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397

All Acorn purchase information as well as License features can be found here (including the schematic sets):
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... oller.html

If you use Acorn, you need to ensure your drives can take step and direction signals
CNC12 has a Virtual Control panel. If you have a touch screen you can "touch" the buttons to start, stop, feed hold, jog etc.
If you don't have a touch screen, you can use a mouse.
I highly recommend the wireless MPG (Manual Pulse Generator) many of the buttons are on it.
Other than a physical Estop Button

If you have drives you want to know will work, you need to post a link to their manuals.

It would be helpful to "SEE" pictures of your project so we can better understand what you are working on and make better suggestions. Along with your budget to see if it is realistic.

Marty
Mesa, AZ
romanfox68

Post by romanfox68 »

Hi Marty i wrote your article about " we can't see what you see' to end :)) . and i understand your position in case like this , in this moment all this project about wiring is in my head and i still chance or replace there is easier for preparation ,looking on lot of videos how other guys build they wiring enclosure si it is very inspiring but is hard to find proper draw wiring ,all buttons and function you like all time i find only somebody show this system and function separetly and no wiring or they use different operation system , i like to operate in ( CN ( manual by eletronic hand wheel ) / and full CNC mode ) by switch knob - manual / auto . Lathe it self is in this moment is in proces to change ball screws and make brackets new motor and mount all limit switches fabricate brackets for step motors i thing 40% of this changes is done and i still continue ,and in time when i have ( relatively ) nothing to do because i have to wait before parts are made i am thinking and look for eletronic system , or look for somebody can help me to build what i look for and expect that lathe will operate us i wish , i make sketch of what i look for and where all sensors will plased and sketch of sub panel i wish to have .Marty will take me couple days before i collect all this manuals you need and make sketch ,in mean time i have to prepair car for NCT test and is couple fabricaation jobs +- 1 week .
me regards Roman
romanfox68

Post by romanfox68 »

Hi Marty las week i was little bit busy but i collect " i hope " all you ask me for draws of motors encoders + proxy also i make draws of my wish sub panel ( maybe not exactly in this layout ) but more or less meaby some function can be set up in main program like ( on screen ) but if is possibile to set up by buttons it is much easy .
I find today i have probably wrong proxy NPN instead PNP but i can buy new also my spindle encoder is NPN if it is problem i can buy next with PNP if i need could you advice me please ?
I hope all pictures i will able to download
Note: some parts i have not yet like: buttons,mpg,turn dials,VFD, power suppliers, E-stop button,LCD.
I was thinking about you tell me about ACORN and ALIN prices and if i need two MPG atc...
Acorn handle only one mpg and spindle encoder but i am not sure if i can connect other button i like can you tell me please