conection two MPG wheels with acorn (Resolved)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

romanfox68
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: conection two MPG wheels with acorn (Resolved)

Post by romanfox68 »

martyscncgarage wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:06 pm If you are intent on building your own control panel, you are going to need more inputs than Acorn has. You will need Ether1616
You have one encoder port. That is for a Spindle Encoder

If you want to experiment that's fine and up to you. We can't tell you what to do.
I would abandon the idea and buy the Wireless MPG.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish with "TAPER" buttons/knobs. You do that with the CNC CAD/CAM software.
Taper.JPG

I(We) can't tell you want to choose that will work for your particular application. That is up to you. There is some Engineering that goes into selecting drives/motors for the given application. You can search the internet to find similar machines and try to see what is working for them and do something similar. We can't engineer the system for you. We can make suggestions but in the end, its up to you to make the decisions what will work for you.
Hi Marty thank you for you opinion and information , all is about make some compromise between what i like and us knowledge i believe everything is possible if you know,and because i don't i have to compromise :)) lot , Ok i was check up the pendant and look very good i saw couple programable buttons what can i programming for? you mention Ether 1616 it is add and connect with acorn can i true this control for example axis manualy ? even i saw on pendant you can do it ( button- feed hold ) how is work? you have to hold and is go in one direction probably and how is go back ? by jog?
You ask me what for is the taper buttons -very often in manual mode you need shamfer edge or you like to make raper cut in some angel so is easier to quickly set up angel by turn dial on scteen you see angel and by taper button you activate this tuttons and you can turn in taper ocourse is possibile to do it in program but meaby only meaby is faster to do it ba this way? is possibile activate this type of function by add Ether 1616? thank you very much Marty regards Roman
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Ether1616 is an IO Expansion module for Acorn.
Wireless MPG is the way to go. You can run macros/g code with the programmable buttons.
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... ss_mpg.pdf
You need to learn to use INTERCON, the conversational programming feature in CNC12.
Download and read the lathe operator manual, search for INTERCON within it.
You could create a G code program, save it and execute it with one of the Macro buttons, but, at what angle? How much travel?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
romanfox68

Post by romanfox68 »

martyscncgarage wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:30 pm Ether1616 is an IO Expansion module for Acorn.
Wireless MPG is the way to go. You can run macros/g code with the programmable buttons.
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... ss_mpg.pdf
You need to learn to use INTERCON, the conversational programming feature in CNC12.
Download and read the lathe operator manual, search for INTERCON within it.
You could create a G code program, save it and execute it with one of the Macro buttons, but, at what angle? How much travel?
Hi Marty ok i have to check up and read about intercon you mentioned , if you want to turn any taper the both axis move in angel direction you set up 5,15,23 acc i believe you can set up this angel in program i am not sure how long will take it in manual mode but i thing if you have quick button to activate tis function and set on display by turn dial button for example 45 degree you can much quicker without any setting in program can easy do this operation and you ask me how much travel -depend you need long taper or short shamfer corner , i saw this function one guy has it because was no youtube long time a go and when i try find this video to send you probably is gone i cant find ,but was work when you activate manual taper function Z axis start operate like X axis and X axis start operate like by both Z and X because run in angel you pre. set but it was work when he has two MPG ,when hi switch off taper mode both axis come to normal operation mode ,Marty as i mentioned before i am not elektro technician and even i believe by electronically is all possible what i require but meaby the acorn it self can do it because has not so much inputs or outputs ??? so i need professional advice people like you who know this system much more like me ,and even i will read or try find answer somewhere can take me a months and maybe i will not find, every operation system is different but maybe if you add some other electronic board will capable to create function which main board like acorn can't have it . Marty i find one video and guy show how to operate manualy by buttons to any direction with show distances can make zero each axis and more important run in angel ,it is milling machine i know but i like to show you this idea ,I do not even try compare centriode system with this propably very primitive system but only shew idea which maybe you can apply to acorn by add some boards and you can see he don't neet MPG at all and it work brilliantly ,So what you thing is possibile add someting like this with acorn by add any eletronic device? here is the link
thank you Marty for you opinion. Roman
Gary Campbell
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

The pendant has all of those features and 10 times more. Buy one!
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

If you want to do things the most common way, go with Centroid. They have been doing CNC Machine motion control for well over 30 years.
If you want to spend time experimenting, programming and fiddling microcontrollers (if that is your thing) contact the guy in the video for information.
Your budget and expertise will dictate the path you choose.

I'm not sure what other information to offer you. Best of luck in your project,
Regards
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
romanfox68

Post by romanfox68 »

Gary Campbell wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:17 am The pendant has all of those features and 10 times more. Buy one!
Hi Gary could you please make short video how you can set up on pendant buttons you can drive manually in angel please i check up this pendant and looking very vell but i do not find how to set up to be possibile run in angel thank you ,regards Roman
Gary Campbell
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

I do not use the pendant for angular cutting, other than to use a macro button that does a 45* chamfer. I like that method better as it allows better control
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
romanfox68

Post by romanfox68 »

martyscncgarage wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:19 pm If you want to do things the most common way, go with Centroid. They have been doing CNC Machine motion control for well over 30 years.
If you want to spend time experimenting, programming and fiddling microcontrollers (if that is your thing) contact the guy in the video for information.
Your budget and expertise will dictate the path you choose.

I'm not sure what other information to offer you. Best of luck in your project,
Regards
Marty
Hi Marty i am now in proces to study 250 pages of manuals you recommended , lot of part about settings are writing probably for people who are educated in programming or robotic for people like me who has no clue about it and they only to enjoy functionality and work with,it drag you in total desperation probably and suicide ,by writing form is frightfully complicate on video it is much more easy and more understandably ,i check up and read about INTERCON in manual they say you have to buy it ,but in some video about it they say if you buy PRO version is free included ok , other parts i was not understand was setting of automatic speed up if you lathe has gearbox so the setting between low speed and high speed ,gearbox has no 0 speed ! it start from
1st gear ratio : SPINDLE- 60 RPM = MOTOR -1400 RPM , SPINDLE -120 RPM = MOTOR- 2800 RPM
2nd gear ratio : SPINDLE- 240 RPM = MOTOR -1400 RPM , SPINDLE - 480 RPM = MOOTR -2800 RPM
3th gear ratio : SPNDLE - 315 RPM = MOTOR - 1400 RPM , SPINDLE - 630 RPM = MOTOR -2800 RPM
4th gear ratio : SPINDLE -1250 PRM = MOTOR - 1400 RPM , SPINDLE - 2500 RPM = MOTOR -2800 RPM
SO IS NO 0 RPM also between lower speed and higher sped can program operate with RPM till max seed on motor 2800 rpm should not go lower like under 1400 RPM on motor only when stop , When start should go slow-start and increased to 1400rpm and then it can corrigate till max rpm.
Tool orientation- how can i change tool orientation on screen or in intercon program in buttons this explanation give you manual -
I
f the X+ and X- jog key inputs need to be exchanged with each other to match the machine orientation,
add 2 to one of the parameter values mentioned above. Also if the X jog keys need to be exchanged with
the Z jog keys, add 4. For example, if you have a vertical lathe with tools mounted on the left, and the X
jog keys are interchanged with the Z jog keys, and furthermore the X+/- jog key functions need to be
flipped, then the value that needs to be entered into parameter 1 is 9+4+2 = 15.
note i am understand of text but how to do it is fare a way from my mind :))

Marty i am asked you for help to create by add some electronics components Hor axample, operating panel which can work as I would like or at least very similar like i wish ,i believe you know about this system a lot and you can help me sort out lot of problems but no body know everything, so if you don't know how to do it, it's fine i am appreciate honesty ,and send me to buy some very expensive machinery from centriod- it wasn't very nice.
Marty if you see the video about moving axis by buttons can not be possible monogramming some free buttons on pendant Gary one of centriod user told me that pendant can handle it and much more ? i do not see much free buttons on pendant but has impressive look and is no expensive.
YEA free button are mark like macro ?? or maybe one of axis on button ( are 4 axis i will use only the so two chanel are free?)is possible connect ,
any suggestion ? regards Roman
romanfox68

Post by romanfox68 »

Gary Campbell wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:10 pm I do not use the pendant for angular cutting, other than to use a macro button that does a 45* chamfer. I like that method better as it allows better control
Hi Gary thank you for reply i am absolutely out of eletronics skills so some of my question can sound silly i like this system and i thing is not so expensive but before i decide to buy i like to know about it much as possible ,
Gary may i ask you also i find on market Masso controller they say do not require computer all in one also people say system run on windows has often problem because lost signal or need reboot, upgrade and other problems also is interesting take less space like computer ,but if you use windows only separetly just for centroid and not online ?? still will has this problem? masso has for lathe less function i thing ( i saw only 4 ,Outer diameter turn ,inside turn wizard ,Facing wizard ,Drilling wizard ,Threading wizard, ) no chamfer or inside threading ,but i don't know about it so much .
About what you say you use this macro buttons to turn in angel ( chamfer ) can you easy se up angel you like to shamfer or is permanently set 45degree
? lot of guys seen to me use routers milling machine or lathe with vertical placed turn tool so not so easy get some adwice from guy who use conventional lathe ,i lake to ask you all pictures i saw show orientation of tool from top to down can you change direction on scriin to be from bottom toto top ( vizually like you see you tool when you stand front of you lathe ( i hope you have no lathe with vertical tool :))
thankyou for your advice Gary regards Roman
romanfox68

Post by romanfox68 »

Gary Campbell wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:10 pm I do not use the pendant for angular cutting, other than to use a macro button that does a 45* chamfer. I like that method better as it allows better control
Gary has you lathe spindle gearbox? or is connect directly with spindle i have emcomat 7