DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Shuttle Express & Feed Hold problems

Post by martyscncgarage »

Chris D wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:25 pm
martyscncgarage wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:08 pm You found this video correct?:
Are you modifying the personality file trying to do something else?

PLEASE post a FRESH report as well.
Yes I watched the video and read the document and I had the shuttle express working fine. I don't even know what the "personality file" is or where I could find it - so no, I did not edit it. I have been in and out of the Wizard dozens of times and I have done extensive work with the VCP files and macros etc.

I obviously messed up a couple of things: Feed Hold not working at all and the file open issue after the usage of the shuttle express.

I will ask the question again, should I get the machine into a state where those alarms are on screen then do the report or just run another report? Running a Fresh report at this time will probably just show more of the errors and faults as was in the last report.

Thanks for diving in, I really appreciate the help!

Chris
Chris, you should get your machine working properly WITHOUT involving the Contour Shuttle. If you have grunged files, then I would take screen shots of all your Wizard settings, print them, rename your CNCM/CNCT directory and put a fresh copy of 4.64 on the machine and hand key everything back in to get the machine running. Once its running correctly and as expected, then add the Contour Shuttle Express.

Really have no idea what modifications/changes you did to get to where you are at now....

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Chris D
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: ACORN 4447
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Shuttle Express & Feed Hold problems

Post by Chris D »

Roger that, I will reinstall and start from scratch again and save the shuttle express till the end.

Thanks Marty, much appreciated.

Chris