Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0CB2B7D83ACF-1116203987
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

How to Create/Modify VPC Buttons to Turn On/Off Components

Post by leinadltd »

I need help in creating or modifying a button (M55, M56, M57, M58, or Aux 6, Aux 7, Aux 8, etc.) through the VCP that will allow me to "click" and control RELAY #6 on the Acorn CNC Controller Output relay board.
VCP Layout.jpg
(Button Layout)

I have the relay wired so that one leg of the 120V "makes-and-breaks" using the NO set of contacts (see picture).
120V Motor Leads.jpg
(The black wire is coming off the relay NO contacts. The white is tied to a neutral terminal block located in the upper right corner of the picture.
Acorn Layout.jpg
RelayBoard LEDs.jpg
Unfortunately, when I click the button on the VCP nothing happens. I hear no click of the relay, nor does the motor turn on, nor does the LED on the relay board change to Green. I have downloaded and read the manual for the VCP and it talks about macros, and I have even copied the XML file, and used a different "skin" with the appropriate PLC logic number, but I still get no joy.
Skin & PLC Codes.jpg
M57XML File.jpg
The end result is to turn the spindle motor ON/OFF on this Harbor Freight lathe via the VPC button
HFLathe.jpg
, similar to a blower motor or coolant pump when machining. I thinking that it is something simple, but I could use some help in getting it fixed. I have attached pictures of my lathe, Acorn CNC Controller setup, Relay Board location and wiring, screenshots of my software settings, and a report in a ZIP file. If I am missing something please let me know. This is just a basic machine with simple controls. I would appreciate any suggestions...

Thanks,
Daniel
Attachments
Aux Assigments.jpg
Driver Settings.jpg
report_0CB2B7D83ACF-1116203987_2021-04-18_16-49-13.zip
(635.7 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: How to Create/Modify VPC Buttons to Turn On/Off Components

Post by cnckeith »

Hi, please review the VCP users guide and the intro video here.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=4685
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
leinadltd
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0CB2B7D83ACF-1116203987
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by leinadltd »

Hi, yes, thank you for the information. I have already downloaded the manual and as a result have changed the colors of the X & Z buttons as indicate by the first picture on the VCP. Watching the videos he goes over changing colors, deleting buttons, and changing background colors. Nothing on relays and how to assign buttons to control blower or vacuum accessories. The next video in the series entails sending the axis to the home position, still nothing on assigning relay outputs to buttons. I have followed the instructions in the manual on p.16-21 and as a result have provided a screenshot of the XML code for M57, screenshot for Output assigment #6(DustCollectorOn), the Aux Key Marco Assignment, and the skin event page used in trying to create button M57 to control (On/Off) for the spindle motor. When I "click" the M57 button nothing happens. The relay does not click, nor does the LED change color. What settings do I need to have to enable the relays? I am using Relay #6 as indicated by the picture. What is my next step?
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Hi,
dust collection is setup to be used with the Auto/Man button which you have deleted from the VCP.
you can setup a dust collection button with out the Auto/Man button interlock by using another Output assignment in the Wizard such as OUTPUT6 which is not interlocked to a Auto/Man selection button.

For the Record the STOCK (as provided by Centroid, but fully editable via the PLC program) Flood, Mist, Spindle, Vac on, VAC HOLD DOWN, air blow all are by design interlocked with their corresponding Auto Man button as seen in the Stock VCP layout. if you blow away the Auto Man button these buttons as provided by Centroid will not work, they need the Auto Man button to work.

now if you want a button to just act like a switch on a wall and dont want an interlock, just use an output assignment that is not associated with the Auto Man buttons.. easiest is Wizard output assignments OUTPUT1,OUTPUT2, etc...

the VCP manual shows how to Hijack an existing button function this is often the easiest way for newbies to customize the VCP.

Good general advice....Get the Function you want work FIRST then go and move and change labels color etc... otherwise you run the risk of digging a hole that you can't get out of. I'd reinstall the stock VCP, take a working button such as Flood or Mist (assign the output of the same name in the wizard to the output you want to use (#6)) then simple change the graphic of that button and move it where you want.. easy peasy.
This has its advantages such as the M8 will automatically turn off the dust collection when the part is done.
LAHTE AUTO MAN.PNG
MILL AUTO MAN.PNG
ROUTER AUTO MAN.PNG
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html