Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0309214470
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

5 volts to DM556 microstepper open loop motor driver

Post by JWH »

Have installed Acorn Board, ran bench test, installed CNC12 software, all leds function as shown in videos, connected DM556 Microstepper to open loop motor as follows: 24v power to DM556, Jumped Dir- to Pul-, connected DR1 on Acorn to DRI+ on DM556, Connected ST1 on Acorn to PUL+ on DM556, enable light is on. Configured to Leadshine DM as I only guessed this might be the one that would work with the DM556 I have. Motor will not turn. My question is (I am very new to CNC) is there supposed to be 5V Dc supplied directly to the Dir+/Pul+ on the DM556? I don't see this information supplied anywhere.
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: 5 volts to DM556 microstepper open loop motor driver

Post by ShawnM »

You should have followed the Leadshine DM series schematic from Centroid. S14975 is the wiring diagram from their website. Not sure what diagram you followed but you didn't wire the drive according to Centroid. Follow their diagrams and the drives will work. Steppers are wired to the DB25 connector not the Acorn headers. Post a link to the manual for your drive and a current report from your Acorn.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: 5 volts to DM556 microstepper open loop motor driver

Post by martyscncgarage »

JWH wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:55 am Have installed Acorn Board, ran bench test, installed CNC12 software, all leds function as shown in videos, connected DM556 Microstepper to open loop motor as follows: 24v power to DM556, Jumped Dir- to Pul-, connected DR1 on Acorn to DRI+ on DM556, Connected ST1 on Acorn to PUL+ on DM556, enable light is on. Configured to Leadshine DM as I only guessed this might be the one that would work with the DM556 I have. Motor will not turn. My question is (I am very new to CNC) is there supposed to be 5V Dc supplied directly to the Dir+/Pul+ on the DM556? I don't see this information supplied anywhere.
Please follow this post when asking for help: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

You should always give the courtesy of posting a link to your manual
If its a DM556, then that is Leadshine and you should be following that schematic.
Is it Genuine Leadshine or a clone?
I ask because I found this manual on line; http://www.leadshine.com/uploadfile/down/dm556m.pdf

It does NOT take +24V natively.
You should be connecting that drive to the DB25

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ