CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

9031 drive fault

Post by mcbr549 »

Report attached
When attempting to move any axis I keep getting drive fault 9031. I cannot seem to find where that is listed. Could someone point me in the right direction..

Mike
Attachments
report_E415F6F7AB4A-0303214446_2021-04-13_16-56-01.zip
(605.36 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: 9031 drive fault

Post by tblough »

When you say "where it's listed", I'm not sure what you mean. It's defined in the cncm/plcmsg.txt file and it means that one of your drives is reporting a fault condition. Since you don't say what drives you are using, you'll need to look at the drive manual to determine which drive is a fault and what the fault is.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
martyscncgarage
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

mcbr549 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:56 pm Report attached
When attempting to move any axis I keep getting drive fault 9031. I cannot seem to find where that is listed. Could someone point me in the right direction..

Mike
Mike,
PLEASE take the time to follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
We need more information than you are providing in order for us to give you good suggestions.
You are getting a drive fault. WE don't know what drives you have or how you wired them.
We don't know if you used normally open or normally closed on your DriveOK input.

Please provide more information and we'll be happy to help.
Please remember, We can not "SEE" what you "SEE"

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Mcbr549 probably expects that there should be a manual or web page somewhere that explains what a 9031 fault is, and what causes it. That is an entirely reasonable expectation, but for a couple of reasons, that is not the way it works.

First, since 4-digit error and fault codes on a Centroid control are usually generated by the PLC, they are part of the PLC programming and not part of the CNC12 software. They can, therefore, vary from one machine to another. That is why a Report is necessary. A Report contains your PLC program and messages, so a reader can tell what the 9031 fault means on this machine.

Second, a message that indicates an axis drive fault condition (such as 9031 generally does on an Acorn) generally means that the input circuit you have assigned to something like "DriveOk" is open. But what exactly could cause that depends very much on what kind of axis drives you are using, and how you have them wired to the DriveOk PLC input (if at all). That is why no one can answer your question without knowing what axis drives you are using and how you have them wired to your PLC.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Marty: if you look at the PLC program source in his report, you will see he has "DriveOk" assigned to INP5.

If you look at his report*.txt file, you will see Parameter 911 is zero, and Parameter 916 is zero. This means that none of the first 16 inputs are inverted, and none of them are forced. So INP5 means what it says: the circuit must be closed, or else there will be a 9031 drive fault.

The next steps for mcbr549 are to look at, or show us, the circuit that goes from INP5, through one or more axis drives, to 0VDC; and to tell us or show us what kind of axis drives he has. That will shed some light on how INP5 could fail to be closed.
martyscncgarage
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

cncsnw wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:17 pm Marty: if you look at the PLC program source in his report, you will see he has "DriveOk" assigned to INP5.

If you look at his report*.txt file, you will see Parameter 911 is zero, and Parameter 916 is zero. This means that none of the first 16 inputs are inverted, and none of them are forced. So INP5 means what it says: the circuit must be closed, or else there will be a 9031 drive fault.

The next steps for mcbr549 are to look at, or show us, the circuit that goes from INP5, through one or more axis drives, to 0VDC; and to tell us or show us what kind of axis drives he has. That will shed some light on how INP5 could fail to be closed.
Thank you for that information Marc!
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ