Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Spindle ok

Post by jcoldon »

There is a spindle ok input Can someone tell me if the spindle ok feature is used . Will all motion start and stop with this input
Example i start and run code starts M3 starts spindle then movement wats till spindle ok to move . then during cutting if this input is lost
will motion stop . I ask because i looking at a way to do a plasma the setup with acorn or oak
Gary Campbell
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
CNC12: Yes

Re: Spindle ok

Post by Gary Campbell »

SpindleOk is usually used as a NC fault circuit thru the VFD Fault relay. Triggers (open) when there is a fault. Similar to an ESTOP condition
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

jcoldon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 am There is a spindle ok input Can someone tell me if the spindle ok feature is used . Will all motion start and stop with this input
Example i start and run code starts M3 starts spindle then movement wats till spindle ok to move . then during cutting if this input is lost
will motion stop . I ask because i looking at a way to do a plasma the setup with acorn or oak
Need more info on the project. You say Plasma
Are you saying if the plasma arc stops you want the control to fault and stop?
What is going to provide this input?

More info will get you better suggestions.....
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
jcoldon

Post by jcoldon »

In plasma world we use an output from the plasma cutter . called arc ok or ok to move . is simply a dry contact . Hypertherm units provide
what happens in plasma We do IHS = Initial Height Sense. it a probing process for either ohmic or floating head to zero the top of the plate.
then off that settings . pierce height pierce delay then cut height. Then motion moves for cutting . so in the case of using a neuron thc unit .Plasma cutter arc ok wires to neuron then neuron arc ok output wires to the controller.
the spindle out put turn on the unit in neuron. all IHS settings are in the neuron unit . once controller start is pushed. neuron does the IHS steps reached cut height sends arc ok to controller so motion can start . this process happens on every cut start . during a cut if arc ok is lost then motion will stop
this is standard plasma operation . start use spindle output M3on and M5 off .A second output turn on and off thc . and an input to the controller lets it know arc from cutter is good .. In case your dont know how neuron works it a fully stand alone Z axis control all the nessary z axis plasma settings are on it internal software and set buy it interface it wires directly to the z drive. . so thers no up down inputs . it much more then a simple THC unit if does auto voltage setting it set the voltage automaic it does oxi it does a lot more it do 400 ip z speeds reading voltage to maintain cut height no other thc does what neuron does thers also a switch used in a uccnc controller to switch z axis wire back to the controller for things like router or rotary cutting square tube

hope this answers Marty questions i simply need an input to allow motion to start and stop this is normal plasma operation 101
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

jcoldon wrote:during a cut if arc ok is lost then motion will stop
What happens then?

Is it like a Feed Hold condition, where the operator can somehow intervene to relight the arc, then have the program continue running?

Or is it an Error condition that causes the program cycle to be canceled, requiring that the operator either restart it from the beginning, or take special steps to restart it at or near where it was canceled?
martyscncgarage

It is on Centroid's future agenda to implement plasma control with their own THC.
Yes, you can use the SpindleOK input for your purpose provided it is a dry contact input.
If the SpindleOk input is activated, the control will fault and stop. You will get a Spindle Error message
Mesa, AZ
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

hello. fyi... we are working on our own THC controller and plasma software. it will be a little while, but when its released it will all work together nicely.

others have used the mill software with stand alone THC's successfully. you can tie the Arc ok signal into most any fault input to stop the control from continuing to run the job is the arc goes away for some reason.

we do not support THC's that use up/dn inputs going back to the controller only stand alone units.

our THC unit uses the Acorn encoder port to transmit arc voltage back to CNC12 so cnc12 can maintain proper torch height, this is a much better (faster and much more resolution) way to do things than using up/dn inputs.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
jcoldon

Post by jcoldon »

ok thanks for the answers seams like i can do this . i just have to learn some plc setup logic . nice to know acorn will get plasma THC
Hop you guys do auto voltage . were once cut height is reached it samples the voltage then uses that voltage in the thc setting. to maintain cut height .
it also need a manual mode also . this way every IHS cut start .. it read the voltage and set it . this is how neuron ,command cnc,flash cut ,win cnc,proma my plasma THC runs. they all have auto voltage mode . neuron manual explains it very good plus there features.. centroid might want to add like ability to turn off the torch before M5 that get rid of the dink in the cut . Add a probe input for ohmic and float mount .make the float mount input after the probe process. if the input is trigerd during cut it stop motion. This way it allow the use of the round torch mount the float input and ohmic need seperate offset settings so if ohmic fals the float input takes over and is also anti coullision
i use sheet cam same as other plasma users do it very good cam . fusion cam not good for plasma .
martyscncgarage

jcoldon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:40 am ok thanks for the answers seams like i can do this . i just have to learn some plc setup logic . nice to know acorn will get plasma THC
Hop you guys do auto voltage . were once cut height is reached it samples the voltage then uses that voltage in the thc setting. to maintain cut height .
it also need a manual mode also . this way every IHS cut start .. it read the voltage and set it . this is how neuron ,command cnc,flash cut ,win cnc,proma my plasma THC runs. they all have auto voltage mode . neuron manual explains it very good plus there features.. centroid might want to add like ability to turn off the torch before M5 that get rid of the dink in the cut . Add a probe input for ohmic and float mount .make the float mount input after the probe process. if the input is trigerd during cut it stop motion. This way it allow the use of the round torch mount the float input and ohmic need seperate offset settings so if ohmic fals the float input takes over and is also anti coullision
i use sheet cam same as other plasma users do it very good cam . fusion cam not good for plasma .
Why do you need to learn PLC Logic?
Go visit this thread: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2859
Add your suggestions in order of priority. Be sure to CLEARLY explain their function.

Marty
Mesa, AZ
jcoldon

Post by jcoldon »

Thanks marty i been to the treed not much input there . I do know plasma i been doing builds for a long time .and i have tested just about every plasma controller out there im no oem it a side thing . . i run a FB page cnc plasma table builders . i help DIY guys with there build and motor drive selection . plasma not like a mill . any velocity slow down effect cut . plasma tables need to be able to do hypertherm book speeds and have a good THC with auto voltage setting and other nessary plasma thc settings. Plasma tables need cut speeds of 400 ipm rapids 1100 . to be a good clean cutting table . The the z axis thc needs to keep up with that most dont . I could go on all day with what makes a good thc . A list of setting centroid going to use for thc control and plasma functions on the screen be more helpful then i could make a better sugestion . keep in mind make a controller that dosnot run plasma good you never hear the end of it . plasma guys are not like mill and router users LOL
thanks jeff c