Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Custom Thread

Post by DLAM »

Is there a way to input a custom thread in Intercon? I can insert a g76 or g92 Command or change an existing thread that is already in Intercon. I think it would be more convient to have my custom threads already in intercon for other jobs. I am running intercon Lathe 4.5 (pro version). Thank for help!
cnc_smith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Custom Thread

Post by cnc_smith »

DLAM wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:31 pm Is there a way to input a custom thread in Intercon? I can insert a g76 or g92 Command or change an existing thread that is already in Intercon. I think it would be more convient to have my custom threads already in intercon for other jobs. I am running intercon Lathe 4.5 (pro version). Thank for help!
Yes there is a way to due custom threads in Intercon.
F5 Thread
Toggle to the type of thread you want to do External, Internal , External Pipe and Internal Pipe.
Down arrow key to Designation
Call up a standard thread close to what you want to do. Example: External 1/2-13 curser down 2A
F10 Accept
Now if you change any of the following fields: Thread/Inch, Thread Lead, Major diameter, or Minor Diameter the word Custom will appear in the field for Designation and at the bottom the Save Thread F4 will appear.
Now you can change the Designation to the name of the type of thread you are cutting. You can change all of the above fields for what you need for your custom thread.
When you press the F4 Save Thread the new thread will be saved and you can call that same thread up again using that Designation.

For metric you would do the same but in Designation type M first then the standard thread for metric.
Dana

When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
cnc_smith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnc_smith »

In the manual do a search for custom threads and this will give you more details on this under 8.91 Thread Lookup
Dana

When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by tblough »

To expand on what Dana mentioned, I usually pick a thread that has the same lead as what I want and change the major/minor diameters. Here's a great online calculator for thread info - http://theoreticalmachinist.com/Threads ... erial.aspx (metric link on the page)

Once you've change one of the thread fields Dana mentioned and made it a "custom" thread, don't forget to edit the thread designation before saving it.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.