Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: retro fit Laguna/RichAuto

Post by dweber »

The reason I brought it up was that so many of the wiring diagrams and retrofit threads I looked at always use the pin connector and not the H2 and H3 connector. Was wondering if I was missing something. Thank you for your reassurance it will work. On a different post someone made the comment to wire all the limit switches together and make it one connection. I will look at that as my next step.
Dave
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

IF you need multiple inputs yes you can series Normally Closed switches together and connect to one input and assign HomeAll to it. Just be sure to set your soft limit travels
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
ShawnM
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

The rule of thumb from Centroid is that steppers wire to the DB25 and servos wire to the headers. This is why so many of the wiring diagrams and retrofit threads you looked at always use the pin connector and not the H2 and H3 connector. It's the way the board was designed.
dweber
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by dweber »

Having done my home work I came up with a few question. I will list the richauto then the connection to acorn. Kind of using Marty bulletin board.
RichAuto Acorn
Output signal
Y1 so Spindle AN out
GND Spindle AN GND

Input signal
X1 (XH) Limit switch IN 1
X2 (YH) Limit switch IN 2
X3 (ZH) Limit switch IN 3
X4 (TS) Zero touch off plate IN 4
24V
GND
Shield goes to frame of housing box

24V Supplied Power to RichAuto
GND Supplied GND to RichAuto.

I need to supply Acorn H4 with 24V, Should I use the 24V listed under input signal??
The 24V To power the RichAuto would no longer be used
That leaves the GND and Scheild wires I could use some advice with.
Dave
dweber

Post by dweber »

I used input signal 24V to H4, ground and shield wire to com on power supply.
Have everything mounted in to machine and loaded. Will give it a try when I get a chance.
Having read all the threads on this forum 4 to 5 times about the richauto retro fit I realized none of those systems matched mine other than the controller. Even with this in mined I had hoped I would get some suggestions. I understand everyone is busy and I maybe didn't follow forum protocol, but I would like to thank everyone for letting me ramble on. It helps me think just writing it down.
Dave
dweber

Post by dweber »

Re: New conversion from Richauto A18 to Acorn
Post by ShawnM » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:12 am

Yes, that does seem silly to have to do that but many Chineese machine came that way.

Look at chapter 10 of your manual, page 10-5 to be exact, and you need to change n2.00 (0200) from the default setting of 1 to 2. This will take the 0-10v from the Acorn and control your speed. All other settings inside the VFD should remain the same if programmed properly. You can tweak them later as you become more familiar. You then need to wire the Acorn spindle output to terminal A1 and AC. Use a 2 conductor shielded cable that you can ground. There's a wiring diagram, S15008, that shows standard, generic VFD connections. Since this is a router you don't need to wire up the spin reverse. Then edit the wizard output definitions to match what outputs you used for the spindle. You will use at least two outputs, one for spin forward (your S1 connection) and one for reset (your S4 connection). This is the basics and will get you moving. Follow Marty's video on doing the spindle test as well.
Shawn, you made this comment on a different thread. Could you be more specific as to what Manuel you are referring to?
Dave
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

dweber wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:33 pm
Re: New conversion from Richauto A18 to Acorn
Post by ShawnM » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:12 am

Yes, that does seem silly to have to do that but many Chinese machines came that way.

Look at chapter 10 of your manual, page 10-5 to be exact, and you need to change n2.00 (0200) from the default setting of 1 to 2. This will take the 0-10v from the Acorn and control your speed. All other settings inside the VFD should remain the same if programmed properly. You can tweak them later as you become more familiar. You then need to wire the Acorn spindle output to terminal A1 and AC. Use a 2 conductor shielded cable that you can ground. There's a wiring diagram, S15008, that shows standard, generic VFD connections. Since this is a router you don't need to wire up the spin reverse. Then edit the wizard output definitions to match what outputs you used for the spindle. You will use at least two outputs, one for spin forward (your S1 connection) and one for reset (your S4 connection). This is the basics and will get you moving. Follow Marty's video on doing the spindle test as well.
Shawn, you made this comment on a different thread. Could you be more specific as to what Manuel you are referring to?
Dave
Yes, the original poster in that topic posted a link to his Omron VFD manual when he asked a question, I was referring to his manual he linked to.
dweber

Post by dweber »

Thank you. Just in the last couple of days I found out there was a acorn manual that I had to google search to obtain a copy. I saw no reference to it other than in a different post that made me think to search for it. If there was a post to get it somewhere I missed it. I was just wondering if that was the manual you were referring to. Thank you for letting me know.
Dave
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

dweber wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:40 pm Thank you. Just in the last couple of days I found out there was a acorn manual that I had to google search to obtain a copy. I saw no reference to it other than in a different post that made me think to search for it. If there was a post to get it somewhere I missed it. I was just wondering if that was the manual you were referring to. Thank you for letting me know.
Dave
Dave, all documentation can be found here in one topic. It's the 4th topic down on the main page for the Acorn forum.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
dweber

Post by dweber »

Sorry but I don't find the (ACORN CNC controller _rev4 Specifications Manual) that I found on the web. It has a few details that I did not see on the videos. It must be my reading comprehension problem I have. So am I to understand centroid does not send any information with cnc 12 program, everything is done with videos? I must say that Marty and Keith do a great good job on the videos but unfortunately that can not cover every system out there.
Dave