Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Probe jog limit not working?

Post by Toaster »

Hey all! I recently got a a probe setup, but I'm having a problem with the jog speed not being inhibited when the probe is connected. This is the probe I have:

https://drewtronics.org/s5000led

It's an NC mechanical probe. I setup the connector so that I have one input for the probe itself, and then I made a loop on the connector so when it's plugged in "probe detect" is enabled. I wanted to take advantage of the Centroid built in probe protection stuff like spindle inhibit, jog limit, etc.
20210325_101725.jpg
In the probing menu you can see that it is working:
20210325_090150.png
I also have the wizard setup to the correct settings:
20210325_090243.jpg
20210325_090243.jpg (20.81 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
You can even see the setting in the parameters:
20210325_090212.jpg
What's happening is that the spindle is inhibited, but I'm still able to jog at full speed with the jog panel and the pendant. From what I've read in the manual I shouldn't be able to do that, is that correct?

Report attached.
swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Probe jog limit not working?

Post by swissi »

Toaster wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:22 am Hey all! I recently got a a probe setup, but I'm having a problem with the jog speed not being inhibited when the probe is connected. This is the probe I have:

https://drewtronics.org/s5000led

It's an NC mechanical probe. I setup the connector so that I have one input for the probe itself, and then I made a loop on the connector so when it's plugged in "probe detect" is enabled. I wanted to take advantage of the Centroid built in probe protection stuff like spindle inhibit, jog limit, etc.

What's happening is that the spindle is inhibited, but I'm still able to jog at full speed with the jog panel and the pendant. From what I've read in the manual I shouldn't be able to do that, is that correct?
The "Probing Search Distance" in Machine Parameter 16 as well as the "Fast Probing Rate" (Parameter 14) and "Slow Probing Rate" (Parameter 15) is only observed for probing moves and not jogging.

When an unexpected probe trip occurs during jogging with the VCP, the jogging speed will be locked to slow jog speed and you can only jog away from the trip in the opposite direction of the move that caused the trip. If the trip occurs while jogging with the MPG, the MPG will be locked for jogging in all directions in 10x and 100x mode and you need to switch to 1x mode to be able to jog away from the trip.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com