Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Acorn Board

Post by Sword »

It looks like you are using a GRBL device config in LightBurn instead of the Marlin config. You need to use Marlin as your device config for the proper Gcode output for "Line" and "Fill + Line".

Re-read the above post as to why Marlin and not GRBL. In particular, the third paragraph... viewtopic.php?p=48199#p48199

Also, by the looks of your start points and corners being over burnt, I'm guessing you are not enabling velocity based PWM modulation with G37 ON ; Turn on velocity based PWM modulation.

Try all that and it should look better.
Scott
usinart
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by usinart »

Hi Scott
At first I used your macro with marlin and there were lines. After some reading on forums people seemed to say that it was the problem with marlin having lines when using line. That's why I tried with grbl, it seemed like people argued that marlin would become more like grbl than marlin as it is a disaster to work with.
Yes probably the pwm was off, it was only to see if the lines recurred.
Thanks Scott
Alain
Sword
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Sword »

GRBL code doesn't turn off or set PWM to 0% power when a G0 command is given. It assumes that the GRBL controller is automatically doing it. Acorn/CNC12 does not automatically do that, so the power remains at the last commanded level, thus creating burn lines on all rapids. Marlin code provides the needed S0 command, but puts a M106 in front of it. Your NotePad++ macro needs to find all the M106's and delete them or replace them with nothing/blank in the replace box. If your getting lines with Marlin code, then your macro needs to be re-done.
Scott
usinart

Post by usinart »

Hello Sword
well here, I am currently using the macro that Scott kindly gave me (they are in the previous page), but if there is something to do with the macros I would not be able to do them. Writing macro sound for me something extraterrestrial.
So if you have an idea / lead it really gives me pleasure to hear / see it. Which is completely new or which come to modify that of Scott well for me it is ok. Thank you for participating.
Alain