Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

clear path "drive OK"

Post by curiousMike »

The wiring schematic for the clear path motor shows the "drive OK " going to IN5 on the h1 block. If I have 3 limit switches plus a tool setter hooked up to the H4 block I will run out of input space to have three "separate inputs for drive OK".

1)Is it advisable to gang all three "drive OK" in the in5 port?. I guess I would have to select one of the drives to speak for all on the wizard input .

2) When I had my old Chinese steppers I had nothing hooked up as "drive OK" and I never missed that info. If I elected do the same for the clear path motors ( omit the hookup) would it be any different from the old stepper setup?

Thanks Mike
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: clear path "drive OK"

Post by martyscncgarage »

This is why it is recommended to series your home switches and use input 1 assigned to HOMEALL. It preserves inputs.
IF you are going with Clearpath SDSK, then you should consider using the C86ACCP from CNC4PC.
There has been a lot of chatter about Acorn and Clearpath recently....search CLEARPATH

Take a look at the Clearpath Schematic sheets in the Acorn Schematic set if you want to wire without C86ACCP,
CNC4PC.COM is coming out with a new revision hardware with terminal blocks to wire individual wires from SDSK/SDHP

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
curiousMike
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by curiousMike »

Marty What in your opinion is the down side is omitting the "drive OK" function with clear path motors?
martyscncgarage

curiousMike wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:39 pm Marty What in your opinion is the down side is omitting the "drive OK" function with clear path motors?
I would not omit it. Without it, if one motor fails and the others and spindle are still operating, the control cannot fault out and stop.
Mesa, AZ
RogDC

Post by RogDC »

curiousMike wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:23 am The wiring schematic for the clear path motor shows the "drive OK " going to IN5 on the h1 block. If I have 3 limit switches plus a tool setter hooked up to the H4 block I will run out of input space to have three "separate inputs for drive OK".

1)Is it advisable to gang all three "drive OK" in the in5 port?. I guess I would have to select one of the drives to speak for all on the wizard input .

2) When I had my old Chinese steppers I had nothing hooked up as "drive OK" and I never missed that info. If I elected do the same for the clear path motors ( omit the hookup) would it be any different from the old stepper setup?

Thanks Mike
You will want the Drive OK input with the Clearpath motors. The Teknic motors are powerful for their size and if the machine hits something it will give you a drive fault and stop the motion preventing further damage.

You can use a separate relay board to daisy chain the HLFB output from the Clearpath to the Drive OK input on the acorn if you do not use the C86ACCP board from CNC4PC. I have mine set up for 4 axis with 5 motors, so I had to use two four channel boards to daisy chain the HLFB into one input on the Acorn. There are single, two, four and 8 channel relay boards available for 5VDC, 12VDC, and 24VDC power for the board. I used 24V to keep my voltage uniform. This is not difficult to implement and you can change the HLFB output levels in the Teknic MSP software or select hi or lo input jumper settings to the relay board. Your voltage and channels should be selected by your requirements and power sources available.

I am presently reworking my control panel and adding an Ether1616 so I will likely run individual inputs for each HLFB to the Ether1616 and remove the relay boards just to clean things up.

I am a hesitant on recommending the CNC4PC C86ACCP after my experience with it. It is good in concept, however the quality of the board is not at the same level as the Centroid boards. The board is a good concept and has potential, however I could not get the one I purchased to work after many, many hours of troubleshooting and there is not a complete manual published for reference and proper documentation for troubleshooting to determine the source of any failure. Support is a different animal thru a web based ticketing system rather than a live person. Hopefully they get things worked out with the recent focus from Marty and Teknic. I just don't want anyone to go thru the experience I went thru.

martyscncgarage

C86ACCP version 2 is working quite well and easily for me. I'm hoping to do an update on my Project very soon.

Marty
Mesa, AZ
carboncymbal
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0035FF8A1900-10082038

Post by carboncymbal »

martyscncgarage wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:40 pm C86ACCP version 2 is working quite well and easily for me. I'm hoping to do an update on my Project very soon.

Marty
Cant wait to see the update!
martyscncgarage

carboncymbal wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:50 pm
martyscncgarage wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:40 pm C86ACCP version 2 is working quite well and easily for me. I'm hoping to do an update on my Project very soon.

Marty
Cant wait to see the update!
1 hour to shoot the video. 4 hours to edit it! (I am NO videographer!) :lol:
Mesa, AZ
RogDC

Post by RogDC »

martyscncgarage wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:19 pm 1 hour to shoot the video. 4 hours to edit it! (I am NO videographer!) :lol:
Not sure which editing program you use but DaVinci Resolve (free) has streamlined my video editing process. It used to take me one to two weeks of evenings to compile go-pro and iPhone videos of 3 day sports tournaments, now I can do it in one evening compared to the other editors I was using.
martyscncgarage

RogDC wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:42 pm
martyscncgarage wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:19 pm 1 hour to shoot the video. 4 hours to edit it! (I am NO videographer!) :lol:
Not sure which editing program you use but DaVinci Resolve (free) has streamlined my video editing process. It used to take me one to two weeks of evenings to compile go-pro and iPhone videos of 3 day sports tournaments, now I can do it in one evening compared to the other editors I was using.
I am not a videographer. I am all about getting the content out there, not about spending hours reshooting and editing. I hate that. Literally, it took me an hour to do the work and shoot the video and took me the rest of the afternoon to edit and get it uploaded.....
I use Adobe Video Editor and I am not about to change to learn somethin' new! No way, no how UH UH! ;)

Video was uploaded last night.
Mesa, AZ