Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Assigning Macro to a tool

Post by alexgr8 »

Is it possible to assign a macro to a specific tool number? I am trying to have the dust collector and dust shoe turned of well running tool 1. Or maybe a way to assign that in the m6 macro

Machine. I run a 5x10 multicam router. Bought it as a frame and started converting to acorn about two weeks ago. I am running hybrid steppers (nema34), dust on/off, vacuum table on/off, low air input, drive fault, probe input, , finger rack ATC, pneumatic dust shoe, Prox sensors for homing and squaring. Coming from Mach3.

I was a bit intimidating to setup the ATC. I had 0 experience with code and macros. With the help of the forum and documentation I was able to get the ATC up and running well. Ill put up a vid of it running soon. Acorn truly does what you tell it to. Everything just works. Very happy with it so far.
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Assigning Macro to a tool

Post by tblough »

It would seem that you could modify the M6 tool change macro to accomplish this.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
cncsnw

Re: Assigning Macro to a tool

Post by cncsnw »

Alternately, if you are calling other M codes to turn the dust collector on and lower the dust shoe *after* the M6 is done, then you could put code in those later M function macros to skip the action depending on the active tool number (variable #4120).