Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: waiting on delivery
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Issue since 4.62 upgrade

Post by terrymcc »

Since I upgraded to 4.62, I am unable to set Z0 with my probe. Probe is in T1. I select the axis and orientation and press cycle start. Probe touches off and sets zero. Setting X0 and Y0 work as normal. For Z, when I press cycle start, it appears code runs, probe doesn't move and the Z dRO does not change.

Did I forget to configure something during the upgrade?
Attachments
report_0035FF624033-1118204010_2021-02-22_13-21-16.zip
(645.65 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Issue since 4.62 upgrade

Post by cnckeith »

post a video of what you are doing please.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
terrymcc
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by terrymcc »

As requested, here is a video.

Basically, when I try to zero the Z axis with the probe, after cycle start, it generates an error that it can't find the Tool Touch off device. For some reason it now is looking for that device rather than the probe. Zeroing x and y work as they should. Report is attached to my initial posting. Here is a link...

martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

terrymcc wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:07 pm As requested, here is a video.

Basically, when I try to zero the Z axis with the probe, after cycle start, it generates an error that it can't find the Tool Touch off device. For some reason it now is looking for that device rather than the probe. Zeroing x and y work as they should. Report is attached to my initial posting. Here is a link...

https://studio.youtube.com/video/LI14CXnFbAg
Your link doesn't work. Be sure to click SHARE from the video in YouTube, do not copy the URL from the web browser's address bar.
What version did you upgrade from?
How did you do the upgrade?
Did you make hard copies of all your wizard screens before you upgraded? If so, did you compare them all to the NEW installation?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
terrymcc

Post by terrymcc »

martyscncgarage wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:23 pm
terrymcc wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:07 pm As requested, here is a video.

https://studio.youtube.com/video/LI14CXnFbAg
Your link doesn't work. Be sure to click SHARE from the video in YouTube, do not copy the URL from the web browser's address bar.
What version did you upgrade from?
How did you do the upgrade?
Did you make hard copies of all your wizard screens before you upgraded? If so, did you compare them all to the NEW installation?
Hmm... The link seems to work for me on my computer and phone. I changed it from needing the link to public. Maybe that will help. I'm not youtube expert.

I used the document Keith pointed me to recently for new installations and followed the upgrade section. I did create copies of wizard screens and checked them. I just checked them again. All looks the same to me other than there are a few new options.
The Probe screen has an added switch "Display warning to verify that the Probe or TT is functioning properly". I assumed that was the message to test the sensor. I have tried it both ways and it doesn't affect the issue.

For some reason when I am probing in the Z direction to set home, it wants to see that the TT off sensor is connected.
However, if I go to Digitize, Probe, and probe in the Z direction it works fine.

It does appear that it has quit asking me to verify that the probe works even though I have the switch turned on on the probe screen.
martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

Link no good.
Go to the YouTube video.
Click on SHARE:
Share.JPG
Then click COPY next to the link generated.
Then come here and right click PASTE in the message box.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

i fixed the video link
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Allin1Chris

Post by Allin1Chris »

Hey Terrymcc,

Is there a particular reason you have "Subtract height of Tool Touch Off device" set to Yes in the wizard for the Tool Touch Off? Usually this is used to subtract the height for setting your Z Part 0, and is the reason the Auto Z Part 0 is trying to use your TT and not your probe. Try setting this option to No if you are going to use your probe to set Z Part 0.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos
terrymcc

Post by terrymcc »

I'm not exactly sure. It's the way it was before according to my screen captures. I turned it off and it works now.

I'll have to try and see if it affects the way I do tool offsets. Apparently I don't do offsets the way most of the people here do. I have other machines in which the tool offset library stores the length of the tool (including holder). For me, it's easier to have a feel for the numbers this way rather than using a reference tool and the difference. I have the Tormach TTS tooling setup so the tool holder bottoms against the spindle shoulder repeatably. I use the TT sensor to measure the tool length. It's been a while and I'm pretty new with the machine, but it goes something like this.
- Set Z0 to the surface the TT will set on
- Bring the spindle down and touch off the shoulder to set the Offset ZReff
- Then measure the desired tool
The TTS system came with a manual height setter (Granite block and digital height gauge). Usually what I do when I am machining a part is get things ready for the next part. If that involves adding a tool to the library, I use the height setter to measure it. When it's time to add the tool, I just type the number in. For me, this is as fast and easy as the other process.

From looking at my steps above, I'm thinking turning that switch off will affect it but maybe I can work out another process. Getting offsets figured out on the machine was harder for me than it should have been.

I don't see why it worked before and doesn't now...

Thanks for pointing it out.
terrymcc

Post by terrymcc »

Allin1Chris wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:23 pm Hey Terrymcc,

Is there a particular reason you have "Subtract height of Tool Touch Off device" set to Yes in the wizard for the Tool Touch Off? Usually this is used to subtract the height for setting your Z Part 0, and is the reason the Auto Z Part 0 is trying to use your TT and not your probe. Try setting this option to No if you are going to use your probe to set Z Part 0.
I think since I posted the previous response, a light bulb may have gone off ;?) I have also recently added the capability for CNC12 to detect the probe and TT. I was having some issues with my probe so since then, I have just been using a Haimer to set zero. So, now that CNC12 knows there are or are not sensors available, that switch logic may be keeping my previous process from working.

Does that make sense?