Atc mfunc.6 could use some help (Resolved)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

Gary Campbell
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Atc mfunc.6 could use some help

Post by Gary Campbell »

No bug. You have something set incorrectly. Once the estop (input)is triggered all outputs will toggle off
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
WINSTON
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: No

Post by WINSTON »

Gary Campbell wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:18 pm No bug. You have something set incorrectly. Once the estop (input)is triggered all outputs will toggle off
Thanks for the reply

I assumed it was my macro because they are the only outputs that don’t shut off I will go and check my settings
Gary Campbell
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

Don't forget that a proper estop has 2 circuits. One that physically removes power from certain components and another that triggers an input set as estop. That input, when triggered, will activate an "all stop" event. No motion, no outputs
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
WINSTON

Post by WINSTON »

Gary Campbell wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:06 am Don't forget that a proper estop has 2 circuits. One that physically removes power from certain components and another that triggers an input set as estop. That input, when triggered, will activate an "all stop" event. No motion, no outputs
Ok got to work on it today, here is what i think is going on. My macro was written for cnc12 4.5 , I upgraded to 4.6 and did a restore report to get all my settings back . Well 4.6 doesn't have the generic outputs i used in my macro so I assume there is something not compatible now, thats just a guess , I am no programmer . I have 3 options i think .

ONE go back to 4.5 hope that works and never upgrade .

TWO , hard wire the estop function using a contactor / latching relay that turns off power to all those outputs and then Wright a macro (say macro57) that deactivates those outputs then turns power back on to those atc outputs . The down side to that is I would have to remember press that macro ever time an estop is pressed. I guess I could have an input set when the power is removed from those outputs that would cause a message come on the screen when the m6 macro comes up to remind me to press that macro.

THREE hire centroid to fix my mess , if they do that ?
WINSTON

Post by WINSTON »

Going back to 4.5 didn't fix the estop issue about turning off those 4 outputs,. So you will need to design a relay circuit with one latching relay and a regular relay to prevent pressing the estop twice from turning it back on and causing a crash
The drawbar works with a latching relay , its the only way I could think of to keep the collet from drawing up into the spindel and ruining it . For manual tool changes you need to design a logic relay to prevent accidental tool release as the spindle is turning.
Ok here are my macros . If any one sees any thing thats should not be done pls let me know I like my fingers firmly attached to my palm. Maybe this will help some one. Use at your own risk.
Macros 10 and 11 are for a tool numbers not in the carousel
Macros 51 and 52 are carousel in and out
Macro 53 is a warning to reset the atc after estop if one forgets to do it . You must do centroids reset procedure plus press m56 button.
Macro 56 is for resetting the atc after an estop you must do centroids reset procedure
Macro 6 is the tool changer

Attachments
mfunc53.mac
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
mfunc6.mac
(24.58 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
mfunc56.mac
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
mfunc52.mac
(869 Bytes) Downloaded 75 times
mfunc51.mac
(692 Bytes) Downloaded 78 times
mfunc11.mac
(1.31 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
mfunc10.mac
(1.8 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
report_F045DA76BCBE-1108181316_2021-04-12_18-42-02.zip
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

WINSTON wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:54 pm Going back to 4.5 didn't fix the estop issue about turning off those 4 outputs,. So you will need to design a relay circuit with one latching relay and a regular relay to prevent pressing the estop twice from turning it back on and causing a crash
The drawbar works with a latching relay , its the only way I could think of to keep the collet from drawing up into the spindel and ruining it . For manual tool changes you need to design a logic relay to prevent accidental tool release as the spindle is turning.
Ok here are my macros . If any one sees any thing thats should not be done pls let me know I like my fingers firmly attached to my palm. Maybe this will help some one. Use at your own risk.
Macro 53 is a warning to reset the atc after estop if one forgets to do it . You must do centroids reset procedure plus press m56 button.
Macro 56 is for resetting the atc after an estop you must do centroids reset procedure

What you saying Winston?
You made this statement: "So you will need to design a relay circuit with one latching relay and a regular relay to prevent pressing the estop twice from turning it back on and causing a crash"
What exactly do you mean/expect?

When an Estop/fault occurs, all outputs are turned off, they are not active. Are you saying you have outputs active?
I'm not sure what you are asking or what help you need.
When you set up your ATC, did you start with the ATC PLC's posted here? viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1340

If it were me, I would get screen shots of all the current wizard pages, create a fresh report, copy the current CNCM directory to a USB drive, rename the current CNCM directory CNCM 4.x, install a fresh copy of CNC12 4.64, then use the appropriate ATC file referenced above to setup the ATC following the included instructions. If I was still having trouble, I would create a FRESH REPORT and reach out to Centroid for paid support.

You'll get through it. CNC12 has not problem controlling an Umbrella changer.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
WINSTON

Post by WINSTON »

martyscncgarage wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:40 am
WINSTON wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:54 pm Going back to 4.5 didn't fix the estop issue about turning off those 4 outputs,. So you will need to design a relay circuit with one latching relay and a regular relay to prevent pressing the estop twice from turning it back on and causing a crash

What you saying Winston?
You made this statement: "So you will need to design a relay circuit with one latching relay and a regular relay to prevent pressing the estop twice from turning it back on and causing a crash"
What exactly do you mean/expect?

When an Estop/fault occurs, all outputs are turned off, they are not active. Are you saying you have outputs active?
I'm not sure what you are asking or what help you need.
When you set up your ATC, did you start with the ATC PLC's posted here? viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1340

If it were me, I would get screen shots of all the current wizard pages, create a fresh report, copy the current CNCM directory to a USB drive, rename the current CNCM directory CNCM 4.x, install a fresh copy of CNC12 4.64, then use the appropriate ATC file referenced above to setup the ATC following the included instructions. If I was still having trouble, I would create a FRESH REPORT and reach out to Centroid for paid support.

You'll get through it. CNC12 has not problem controlling an Umbrella changer.
Marty
Yes those 4 outputs stay on just those 4 outputs
In both4.5 and 4.6
martyscncgarage

Re: Atc mfunc.6 could use some help (Resolved)

You say "those 4 outputs stay on just those 4 outputs" WHICH output numbers? and what are they assigned to?
Outputs are physical outputs on Acorn.

Please open the diagnostic screen. Do a video and show the outputs. Second line down is the output line, far left starts with Output 1
Show the Diagnostic screen with CNC12 on line
Then press the Estop
See if all the OUTPUT Virtual LED states change to all red as they should.
Mesa, AZ
WINSTON

Post by WINSTON »

martyscncgarage wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:08 pm You say "those 4 outputs stay on just those 4 outputs" WHICH output numbers? and what are they assigned to?
Outputs are physical outputs on Acorn.

Please open the diagnostic screen. Do a video and show the outputs. Second line down is the output line, far left starts with Output 1
Show the Diagnostic screen with CNC12 on line
Then press the Estop
See if all the OUTPUT Virtual LED states change to all red as they should.
Outputs 111 112 113 114 115 sorry thats 5 not 4 the vids below ones 4.5 the others 4.6 out
111 is the pulse signal to the gearmotor
112 reverses the gear motor polarity
113 is carousel in and out
114 is to blow chips off the tool
115 is the drawbar

martyscncgarage

Boy, you sure move fast in your video.... ;)
Please post a FRESH report. Lastest version of software. Previous versions no longer supported.

Did you do any PLC modifications to those outputs?
Mesa, AZ