Do I need 4.62 update

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

Deon
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: AllinOne cncm system ID: 0625181998 / XE3HFDFJBI
Acorn/Leadshine 4axis bench mill: 3403DE6C0783-01919192476
Acorn/Gecko G540 Sherline Lathe: 0479B7B00885-1107192659
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Do I need 4.62 update

Post by Deon »

Hello All,
I have a mill and and a lathe with version 4.5. I don't check the board often and everything is working good. I have looked at the user that have had problems with updating to 4.6/4.62. Is it because they are using a router machine? Do I really need to update and what are the benefits?

Thank You,
Deon
Deon Daugherty
GOD, Country, Family
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Do I need 4.62 update

Post by cnckeith »

there are no problems when updating to v4.62 i have personally done it on many many machines. follow the instructions and it works.

reasons..

1.) free support for older versions has ended. if you have a question or issue in the future you will be asked to update to the latest version for free help. :-)

2.) you get free improvements, (such as PWM out for Lasers or PWM motors)

3.) and free fixes. here is a list.

CNC12 Acorn Version v4.62

- Fixed issue that would rarely and intermittently result in erroneous limit tripped messages introduced in rev12.
- Fixed issue when keyboard jogging is enabled you cant navigate the config menu.
- Eliminated auto insertion of suggested max rates in the Wizard axis config page, (out of range max rate warning message is still present).
- Fixed lathe tool auto measure X offset for ID Turn, ID Custom, ID Groove, FFace Turn, and FFace Bore

- Added an option in the Wizard and CNC12 to turn off warning that states "check if probe is functioning correctly" (Parameter 410 )
- Added an escape button to DXF engraving menu

- Added clean filter message but now allow users to set the frequency date that it appears in the Wizard can be disabled by entering 0 value. (sets parameter 421) Under CNC Control Preferences in Wizard.

- Added RPM_Sensor Input for one pulse per revolution Spindle Speed indicator that uses an Input, typical use with Hall Effect sensors. (note: can not be used for threading, threading requires a spindle encoder, spindle encoder and RPM_Sensor can not be used at the same time. If you have an encoder installed CNC12 reads the spindle speed from the encoder and the RPM_Sensor is not necessary. RPM_Sensor is for machines without a spindle encoder but the user wishes to have a true spindle RPM readout within CNC12 and displayed on the main screen. In the Wizard input definitions menu.

- Added the ability for users to set charge pump divider Value in the Wizard. Default value is 96 which is compatible with G540 and is automatically set when G540 is selected. A 0 value disables the Charge Pump. Note: Charge Pump output works only on Output 3 of the DB25 connector and can only be assigned to Output 3 in the Wizard output menu. Under Advanced menu in Wizard.

- Disabled keyboard jogging while in the F3 CNC12 configuration menu to eliminate keystroke conflicts.

- Added sample laser gcode files to ncfiles\laser along with Laser alignment test files.

- Lathe: Added ability for users to choose the Default Lathe operating mode. Feed per minute (G98) or Feed per Revolution (G99) G99 requires a spindle encoder while G98 does not. Lathe Wizard Spindle setup menu.

- Increased beta count down timer message to start at 45 days

- Improved M44, “Auto Z to Plate” VCP button to read probing values set be the Wizard to reduce user initial setup steps.

- Fixed typo in the backing up of the cnct folder during install

- Fixed CNC12 not reflecting edited g-code until after restarting CNC12 or reloading the program

- Fixed Router Wizard VCP jog state on start up not taking.

- Fixed Chuck and Collet Logic not resetting correctly causing issues with spindle.
- Fixed Lathe gang / front / rear wizard setting not ‘sticking’
- Fixed rear mount TT cycles bug
- Fixed UI issues with the preview gcode feature, like hiding it when going into the mdi and run job menus, and unhide it when going back to the main menu
- Fixed bug in the vcp were plc memory wasn't able to be used to set LED state
- Fixed saving issue for mill param 43 in the wizard
- Fixed problem with Skinning API CSR SetAngle and GetAngle functions which always failed
- Fixed issue on Mill and Router versions were if TT and Z-Ref is set you can't measure the Z axis in the part menu, because of an error message saying probe is not setup
- Fixed the part menu flashing if the probe is unplugged
- Fix for issue where a report could not be restored

more Improvements
- Created new "Router" VCP ,Wizard and CNC12
- added ZriHomingAll input to the Wizard
- added Beta software count down timer
- added ESC key to Probe Bore menu
- sorted all wizard inputs and output definitions alphabetically
- reworded the warning error for db25 disabling custom mapping to be more user friendly
- change name of low air pressure inputs to low pressure to eliminate the word Air as they can be used for any number of pressure sensors not just for air, functionality of the inputs are the same, just a name change
- name change of MPG macros from PLCmacro1,2,3,4 to MPGmacro1,2,3,4 functionality is same, just a name change
- implemented new DXF import library so DXF import in intercon is compatible with a wider variety of DXF files. Note: Intercon accepts line and acrs. Any DXF file with curves will not work with intercon, if your dxf file has curves, convert all curves to lines and arcs before importing into intercon.
- reactivated the “DXF in” feature of Intercon
- Implemented FootPedal Input for Chuck Open/Close
- Added a category for Safety related PLC Functions in Input and Output Definition pages in the Wizard
- Added a notification during installation to backup current cnc12 dir for the user
- Added a warning message on the cnc12 main menu like the smoothing message, but to tell the user that m37 is active
- Acorn analog out 0-5 selection in Wizard and CNC12 parameter support for same
- WCS Table Lock Unlock check boxes beside WCS table in WCS menu
- improve Keyboard Jogging to eliminate keystroke conflicts in certain cnc12 menus
- Added PLC Function WorklightRouter
- Added a PWM setup page in the wizard
- Added J-TECH Related PLC Outputs and Macros for Router and Mill
- displaying the first 11 lines of code when you Load a G code Job.
- Gang tooling configuration selection in lathe wizard.
- Complete PWM output for Acorn via DB25 connector (for Laser power and DC motor speed controller command)
- Reference PLC Variables in G Code by Name
- Replace Wizard Rigid Tapping pop up window with a proper Wizard configuration page.
- Changed PLC Function RouterAirBlow to AirBlowNozzle
- added ability for keyboard jogging to be active when cnc12 starts. (users will not have to press Alt-J to activate keyboard jogging)
- change wording on Z part zero mill/router menu to remind users to enter the tool number they are using
- added sample laser files along with test pattern files to Mill and Router ..ncfiles\laser
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Deon
CNC Control System Serial Number: AllinOne cncm system ID: 0625181998 / XE3HFDFJBI
Acorn/Leadshine 4axis bench mill: 3403DE6C0783-01919192476
Acorn/Gecko G540 Sherline Lathe: 0479B7B00885-1107192659
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Deon »

Well I guess I will update. Thank You for the info.

Deon
Deon Daugherty
GOD, Country, Family
martyscncgarage
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Deon wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:11 pm Well I guess I will update. Thank You for the info.

Deon
My suggestions:
Make fresh reports. Copy them to a USB thumb drive
Make copies of your current CNCM and CNCT folders. I like to put copies on a USB drive too, just in case.
Take the time to take screen shots of all your Wizard pages on your machines. Print them out for reference.
Then do the upgrade.
Something goes hinky, you can always rename the original CNCM and CNCT folders and or put them back and you will be up and running again.
Printed hard copies of all your Wizard screen shots helps you verify the new installations.

Recommend doing the upgrade.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ