Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A81087BB7096-0627192201
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Acorn (CNC12 works at bench test) but motors don't move

Post by alice »

Marty, Yes, I have watched his videos (most of them) many times.

And, I had already don't ALL of those things in your posts (with my 1 good axis, swapping things between known good and incrementally trying to trace MY issue). Nothing has worked (to remedy whatever is wrong). I don't like to guess but I'm wondering about the drivers, the X and Y CL86Y's but I don't know for sure yet. I may have to get a 'scope and look to see if there are signals getting to them properly (from both sides). This is not fun :x .

Centroid has issued me an RMA number along with a bunch of requirements (all on me) to send it back.

I've got my eye on a circular-shaped filing place. 'Water under the bridge' right? That'd be quicker and easier at this point. Not to mention having to extricate it and provide it in "new, resalable condition" 'in original or similar packaging with NEW antistatic bags'. The stuff that I threw away before we did our interstate move. I've already been looking at alternatives. Its too bad that the best DIYers CNC controller in the world has these things happen to us newbie DIYers after all of those 'success stories' (in their own prominent category on this forum) and nobody could give me a definitive answer to my technical questions (or even point me in the right direction to solve my problem(s)). The non-definitive answers were 'go back to square-one' and 'Do it OUR way'; isn't that the antithesis of 'do-it-yourself' ? The implication being that if you don't 'Do it OUR way' that you are a stupid fool.

BTW where are all of the 'Failures :twisted: stories' ? Oooops... :o bad for business. I'm just a poor DIYer :oops: .

It MAY be a good controller. It may well be 'the worlds best CNC controller', but it is junk to anyone who can't put it to work. I guess I'll never know now. I could have a brand new Rolls Royce Merlin engine sitting in a crate in my garage but if I don't have an airplane to put it in what good is it doing? But hey, I'm sure there will be a lot of applause about MY failure. I can hear the applause now (mostly from all the gurus).

A 'lesser' controller that works is better than the greatest one that isn't working. I can fly in a 'P' or a 'C' with a Continental engine that gets me from A to B (or where-ever) while that Merlin is still in its crate. After all I'm just looking for a little fun :lol: .

Put another way, for example. People buy cars. A car is a box on wheels that carries people from A to B; comfort and style and such aside. It may have any brand of tires on it, brand 'B' or 'G' or 'F' or 'K' or 'T' or whatever. There are lots of subcontracted parts in every car; not just tires. The 'entertainment system' may be an 'A' or a 'B' or a 'D' or a 'P' or whatever. And on and on. You get that picture. Lets just say that you keep getting a flat tire(s). Both front tires go flat (you have only 1 spare; or none). It doesn't matter if the other tires are still ok, you don't move. If you can't get the tires to STAY fixed then what good is that car? So somebody familiar with cars and/or tires should say 'hey, you may have an inch of toe-in, that could be why your fronts keep going flat; align your front end.' Instead you get 'well, you should have done it OUR way and checked out each tire in the beginning and then put them on the car one by one'. Why? Doesn't 'Why?' imply education ? What does 'Do it OUR way' teach ?

... now I'm rambling again. Sorry. I don't want to spend my time doing this. It's no fun :cry: . Isn't that anti_DIY? I have no business. I'm sitting here in my house in my retirement just wanting to have a little fun building up another CNC machine. Please stop replying since it is not helping or getting this CNC project done.

In fact, now that it is over I'll just quit this forum. So.....
alice
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A81087BB7096-0627192201

Post by alice »

Typo: "already don't ALL" should be "already done all"
Yep, my bad after re and re editing.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Alice,
Wished I could be next to you helping you through things, (and everyone else) but this is the best I can do.
I would offer if you want to, send me a motor and a drive and I'm willing to put them on my bench and test them, and provide videos on the progress so everyone can learn/see what's going on.

Otherwise, I wish you the best in whatever route you choose to go. I can't do much more...other than offer a fresh set of eyes on your equipment.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Nigelo
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA80C8B8-0905181172
E415F6F70BC3-0318203049
98F07B91FC6B-0123236802

Post by Nigelo »

alice wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:45 pm blablabla ... Please stop replying since it is not helping or getting this CNC project done.
SORRY but after such blatant, unwarranted and frankly, juvenile ranting, you have no right to the last word my friend. You had your say, now its my turn!

If you have had serious problems with third party cabling etc and not validating each component, you may have fried some of the electronics on the Acorn. Your responsibility of course but still you rant at Centroid's generous offer for your money back. Words fail me.

Having wasted an hour of MY time trying to understand your problem, I have given up although I have learned much from the tolerance shown by other members giving up their time trying to help you. You really don't deserve that

Final word of advice - try leaving your attitude at the door next time on whatever Forum you decide to invade.
Hope this helps
Nigel

"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"
wandler@abnet.ca
CNC Control System Serial Number: C122689

Post by wandler@abnet.ca »

On my stepper system I had to open up the motor wire inputs and get the colour to signal so I could wire it right. The outside connection info on the motor and online colour codes were all wrong in 30 minutes I had all the wires connected correctly