Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 78047384B555-0123191568
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Trouble starting the Wizard (Resolved)

Post by Knaegten »

On a perhaps related note;

I sometimes experience CNC12 becoming unresponsive in Windows. This means that the left, blue panel will not respond to any commands, so i can't load jobs or enter utility fx. The virtual jog panel on the right is responsive and can communicate with Acorn, so i am able to use all commands there. The left panel will update XYZ positions when jogging. I can't quit either, and have to force the program to close through task manager.

Opening it once again will not clear the issue. Power cycling Acorn will not clear the issue. Only restarting Windows will clear it.

Does this indicate an issue in the configuration of my Windows computer?

I also just noticed that i am alerted of this behavior when my keyboard suddenly changes the meaning of all the buttons somehow. So all buttons give the wrong command to windows.

Very very weird. This also happened on the previous computers BTW.
_____

I started today off with running a few programs in the air, and was still getting the errors. I then cut the analog signal to VFD so spindle wouldn't run, still got errors. Then i removed power from VFD and the errors disasppeared.

I then plugged the VFD back in with analog signal so the spindle runs and the errors are still gone. So at a loss here.

The wizard still wont open and this is my main issue. I just reinstalled CNC12 to get v4.62 and upon loading my report, the wizard wont open with the fatal error.

I linked todays report. I also linked an error i got when restarting Windows after the weird behavior.

Could it be related to using my own cncm.hom file?
Attachments
IMG_20210215_130827.jpg
report_78047384B555-0123191568_2021-02-15_12-49-48.zip
(674.13 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Knaegten
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 78047384B555-0123191568
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Trouble starting the Wizard

Post by Knaegten »

Current status;

I reinstalled CNC12 once again and configured it through the Wizard like last time, not by restoring from report. Everything works and Wizard launched, i get no errors when running programs.

Will report back if the fatal error returns.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Trouble starting the Wizard

Post by martyscncgarage »

Knaegten wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:56 am Current status;

I reinstalled CNC12 once again and configured it through the Wizard like last time, not by restoring from report. Everything works and Wizard launched, i get no errors when running programs.

Will report back if the fatal error returns.
Good to hear its fixed...so far.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ