Acorn CNC12 Mill, Router, and Lathe v4.64 has been released! < v4.80 has superseded v4.64>

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

mike.davison
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C5B8C-0111191542
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Acorn CNC12 Mill, Router, and Lathe v4.64 has been released!

Post by mike.davison »

Ah. Read the whole document..? :-) Ok, thanks.
tkbot47
CNC Control System Serial Number: haven't installed CNC12 yet
CNC11: Yes

Post by tkbot47 »

zz0122 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:01 pm Hi,
I tried searching, but seems nobody ask....so here's my question, will windows 11 work with latest Acorn CNC12 Mill like windows 10?

TIA
I'm also interested in this, since my CNC router computer now says Windows 11 is available.......has anyone tried the latest Acorn CNC12 on a Win11 computer? Don't want to switch over unless I know things will work.

Thanks,
Tom
Nigelo
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA80C8B8-0905181172
E415F6F70BC3-0318203049
98F07B91FC6B-0123236802

Post by Nigelo »

Since Win10 will continue to be supported by MS until 2025 what's the rush?

If it ain't broke don't try and fix it :mrgreen:
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"
Hope this helps
Nigel
tkbot47

Post by tkbot47 »

Because as I understand it, Win 11 will only be available for free update for a limited time. Besides, why wait if it works?
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Let us know if it works.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
tkbot47

Post by tkbot47 »

OK....I was hoping that someone had tried it already....guess not. Does Centroid have a position on CNC12 on Win 11?
Centroid_Liviu
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Yes, CNC12 works on Windows 11 Home and Pro. The same Windows 10 video for setting it up can be followed, the search bar is in the center of the screen, but Control Panel stays the same.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
TheKitMill

Post by TheKitMill »

Hello I am setting up a new Router and computer. it windows 11 pre installed. All the updates were done prior to installing CNC12.

Downloaded a fresh copy of CNC 12 from the web site. Installation went as expected, I set up the IP address as usual. The Board it is connected to is a running system that works well the Cable connecting the computer to the Acorn is a proven working cable.

I have other computers with windows 10 that work as they should with this Board and machine. I am attempting to install a new dedicated computer to this machine

When I start up CNC 12 I get the usual screen that shows it is trying to connect but it fails saying that the connection is not working.

Are there any special steps that using a computer with windows 11 require? Moving forward it is going to be harder to get new computers without Windows 11 installed and suggestions appreciated
hivoltage

Post by hivoltage »

Quick question: What is the difference between the Mill and Router installs?
I used Mill but when I try to probe it only shows single axis Z and inside with 2 walls for the X and Y.
Does the Router have the single setup for the 3 axis or a routine to do 3 axis Zeroing?
I am waiting for my license but in the mean time I wanted to know. I did look at the docs and couldn't find anyone mentioning it on the forums.
Thanks. :)
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

hivoltage wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:49 pm Quick question: What is the difference between the Mill and Router installs?
I used Mill but when I try to probe it only shows single axis Z and inside with 2 walls for the X and Y.
Does the Router have the single setup for the 3 axis or a routine to do 3 axis Zeroing?
I am waiting for my license but in the mean time I wanted to know. I did look at the docs and couldn't find anyone mentioning it on the forums.
Thanks. :)
https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic. ... 952#p45952

you get a preconfigured VCP and the corresponding router specific macros for common router operator functionality.

We created the router version of CNC12 due to overwhelming demand for a "canned" plug and play software solution for a typical CNC router. Designed for the users that just want to install the CNC software for a Router and be up and running with minimal fuss.

yes if you like, you can take the CNC12 mill software and configure it yourself without paying for the upgrade to Router Pro license. Thats the great thing about how we have designed our software and publish how-to documentation, if you want to do it yourself you can!
How to write Macros
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... amming.pdf

How to customize the VCP
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... manual.pdf

There are two camps, 1.) Users that are happy to go full-on DIY and write or copy macros and VCP buttons and customize CNC12 to their liking. 2.) Users that just want a plug and play solution and are more interested in making parts than customizing the CNC control. (You don't know how many times that i have told users "well just edit your VCP and write your own router specific or copy router specific macros from the forum" only to be told "i don't have time or interest in doing that why can't you guys do that?" ) So i am trying to satisfy both camps with the introduction of CNC12 Router!

Mill version has a Mill specific VCP, Router Version has Router specific VCP and related macros. Both versions have all the same cnc features, its just a matter of if you wish to have Router specific controls automatically loaded and configured for you. you can actually make the mill version look exactly like the router version if you want to do all the hand work yourself. in general if you have a Router use the Router version , if you have a Knee Mill, Bed Mill or Machining center use the Mill version. easy peasy.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html