Disable all three axes based off input (Self Resolved)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

pmchoudek
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 2650
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Disable all three axes based off input (Self Resolved)

Post by pmchoudek »

Hello there,

I want to disable the three sigma7 drives that my acorn controls based off of a single input (OVDC). I am curious if there is an option with the enable signals (EN1, EN2, EN3) to force off based on an input. I have an open input 7 I can use...

I am looking in the "CNC PLC, Macro and Skinning Programming Manual"... There is a system variable called "SV_MASTER_ENABLE" Would this be the variable to set to 0 to disable all jogging and movement of the three axes? There is another variable called "SV_ENABLE_AXIS_n" where n is the X, Y, or Z I am guessing...

in an if, then statement it would be like:

if(input7) then disable all drives.

please note: the input 7 will flicker on and off during normal operation, but when it is off the drives should be enabled under normal circumstances.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Peter
cncsnw

Re: Disable all three axes based off input

Post by cncsnw »

What is your purpose for disabling the drives?

Is your input indicating a fault condition, comparable to emergency stop?

If so, then in response to the input (presumably combined with a timer, if your intent is to ride through "flickers" without faulting) you should trigger a custom fault condition: SET OtherFault_M, and assign FaultMsg_W = to a newly-created message explaining the situation. Existing code in the PLC program will take care of the rest (including turning SV_MASTER_ENABLE off, turning off the NoFaultOut output, and resetting the condition when emergency stop is cycled).

If, on the other hand, you were hoping to have the PLC intermittently disable the servo drives, while allowing program cycles and other automatic operations to proceed, then you will need to think again. Centroid controls generally don't work that way.
pmchoudek
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 2650
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Disable all three axes based off input

Post by pmchoudek »

I have found a different solution to my problem... No need to disable drives anymore. Thank you