Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

CNC12 Lathe. G540 config reset button problems <self resolved>

Post by terbospaghetti »

Hello all, I've been stumped in the process of bench testing my CNC lathe setup.

After using the wizard to configure cnc12 for my gecko g540 controller, the "reset" button does not appear to be tripped, though the DRO screen says "emergency stop detected". Pressing the reset button in CNC12's virtual jog panel does nothing. Steppers do have holding torque, but without being able to reset CNC12's emergency stop, I am unable to do any further testing.

My wiring is correct according to the diagram in the acorn documentation, and I have even ohm'd each wire to make sure there's no surprises. E-stop indicator light on the g540 and the "24in" light on acorn board behave as they should, turning red when e-stop is tripped and right back to green after resetting.

This is all made a little bit more frustrating by the fact that the reset button functions correctly and I can make the motors move with no issues when I use the wizard to configure CNC12 for "db25 bench test mode."

The attached report file was made while configured in the currently-dysfunctional "g540 drive only" configuration, but if a report file from db25 bench mod would be helpful, I can provide that as well.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide!
Attachments
20210109_143127.jpg
report_E415F6F43170-1014203841_2021-01-09_14-07-25.zip
(563.44 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
terbospaghetti
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: CNC12 Lathe. G540 config reset button problems

Post by terbospaghetti »

NEVER MIND! I fingered it out myself.

If anyone else ever has this problem, check to make sure you have your e-stop wires run in pairs. I had my NC leads run to opposite boards compared with the common leads. Silly me