Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 102139, 20D7787D9392-0817226460
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Show me your Custom VCP's!

Post by Chipwelder »

Sword wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:55 am I replied to your other post, but just another thought, do you happen to have OUT5 forced off/open?

https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7685
That is possible. I assumed that the cnc12 had master control over internal functions and didn't suspect that the I/O function would override the key inputs especially when in Manual mode via Manual Auto key. I will go out to the shop and check, but this is a toggle function if off "pressing" On should turn it on. But back to my original question. Some where in the combination of files that load when I turn my PC and router there is code that will turn my spindle on which is wired to output 5, by toggling the Auto/Man key to manual(That should be the default start up, but may be the state at proper shutdown) and then "pressing" the green preprogramed spindle_on button. It is my understanding that the Wizard is supposed to do that. When you drag a button from the list of buttons and drop it into one of the output boxes that "wires" that button on the GUI to that physical relay such that upon activating the button the Output state changes. And most importantly two existing buttons can selectively activate one Output. Also skin event numbers are part of that path.
Chipwelder
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Post by Chipwelder »

tblough wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:38 pm Can you draw a schematic of what you are trying to accomplish? The Acorn outputs are double-throw, when one output is on, the other is off. It sounds like you are trying to reinvent the wheel.
I am getting an error indicating that may schematic is in wrong format to post. It is a bit map. I am trying to sort down thru my posts and the kind replies to see if anyone as shown me what format to use then I will post it
Thanks,
Greg
tblough
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC11: No

Post by tblough »

Here's how CNC12 works. In the Acorn Wizard, drop SpinFWD on any output (default is out5). That's it. You are done configuring. Restart CNC12 and the Acorn.

Now, on the VCP if you toggle the Auto Man Spindle button to manual, then press the green spindle start button, output 5 will turn on. If you press the red spindle stop button, output 5 will turn off. You can adjust the voltage at the analog output by pressing the spindle +/100%/- buttons. When in manual mode, the %100 button commands 1/2 of the maximum speed.

If you toggle the Auto Man Spindle button to automatic and then either run a program, or MDI an M3 S1000, the output 5 will turn on and the analog output a voltage for 1000rpm.

The Forum software will not allow you to attach a .bmp image. If you want a bitmapped image, use PNG. Here's an example PNG below.
MachiningSketch.PNG
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Chipwelder

Post by Chipwelder »

I have the default VCP and Acorn_mill_plc.src. For the 12th time I will try that. Nothing happens I am guessing that since may buttons are spindle_cancel and spindle_start and I can't find those buttons in my Wizard I can't use the wizard to wire them. I guess I have a true VCP, it doesn't really exist. There are comments scattered around the documentation stating that there are 100's of working source code files around for routers etc. that are avialable somewhere. That would probably be the simplest way for me a non code monkey to get my machine running. I did find the videos that discuss how a good code writer could customize the .src file and get a .src file that would communicate with a VCP programmed to match. If there was a written transcript of the videos I could probably figure this out before I die. But I purchased the Acorn with the expectation that it would do what was advertised and that everything is easy. But it is not for me due to my brain/inner ear injury. Lets look for a source file that someone will share with m that uses the above described buttons to turn my spindle relay on and off. I will attach a report file to see if anyone can find out why using any of the buttons that are in my Wizard doesn't toggle the Outputs. As I stated there seems to be some confusion as to the correct name of the buttons and the PLC code. In my source code file the red and green buttons are defined as spinster key and spin start key. I more I dig into this the more conflicts I see.
In summary, I need a router .src file. and a matching VCP file. That should get me started.
Thanks all of you,
Greg
Attachments
report_20D7787D9392-0817226460_2023-02-04_16-48-29.zip
What is the maximum file size--15MiB?
(755.64 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Gary Campbell
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

When you are using the VCP buttons to start and stop the spindle, have you used the "+" button to increase the RPM to a reasonable number?
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
Sword
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by Sword »

No offense, but you're trying to wade through the brambles (source files and plc) when the path is paved.

I loaded your report on my machine, and as suggested earlier and in the attached thread, your OUTPUT 5 is forced off. Open the diagnostic menu with alt-i, use the mouse to highlight OUTPUT5, and use ctrl-alt-f to remove the white line under the red LED. Then try the VCP buttons. Works perfectly on mine, and turns output 5 on/off. Beyond that point, you need the proper connections to the VFD.

https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic. ... 679#p67679

Several of your other outputs are forced off and one is forced on.
Scott
Chipwelder

Post by Chipwelder »

Scott, You got the wrong report file, I had checked that and toggled everything back to normal. I am currently getting a CNC12 Fatal Exception Detected error and the software terminates. I am going to download a fresh set of files and do a compete flush of old files then reinstall. Then I will try the wizard. It appears to me that all the buttons that are in the wizard are basically an on off toggle function. I will try several of them. If any of them work, they should all work unless a button code got corrupted. I am still at the CodeFlunkie certification level but as I have tried to follow the code in the src file I am seeing the red and green buttons at 4,1 4,2 defined as Spinstopkey R4C1 and Spinstartkey R4C2 Spincwkey is R2C2 and Spinccwkey as R3C2. I Dont understand why you can use the those keys to turn the spindle on and off. The industry g-code description of M4 is "turn spindle on counter clockwise" The PLC code equivalent of M5 is what should turn the spindle off.
Once I get the new files loaded I wil verify all outputs as open logic state then to to the wizard and try to link any or al of the on off function keys to an 2-7 output and see what happens. If it doesn't work I will hopefully have Report Creation working again and will update my situation.
Also hopefully someone will hep me locate a working outer src and VCP fie that I can use to see if there is something well hidden from me that is causing this problem.
Thanks all. Will check other posts for src and VCP files.
Greg
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

For what you want to do you don't need to know any coding or look at any .src file. The spindle off and on along with forward and reverse are ALREADY coded and setup on the VCP for you when you install the software. There's no need to edit those button files for any reason. As Tom stated, you have input 4 set as reverse and input 5 set as forward. Follow his directions and you'll see the relay LEDs change colors. Then wire up your VFD correctly and voila, it's works from the VCP with no coding or editing of source files at all.

Do a fresh install of 4.82 again as you stated. Don't "restore report" from any other install either as you may have screwed those up and by restoring a corrupt report you have yet another corrupt file. Hand key in all your settings again for your drives and spindle.

After it's installed and you keyed in all your drive and spindle settings don't code anything, don't edit any source code, don't worry about skin event numbers, simply setup your outputs in the wizard as you did before by dragging then to out4 and out5.

There's no need to locate a working .src file or VCP file as the OEM setup has a working source file and a working VCP.
Chipwelder

Post by Chipwelder »

Here we go. New install directly from thumb drive via my Win10 office Dell PC from Centroid download point. Checked all Win10 instructions to turn off Windows crap as per recommendations. Installed directly from thumb drive to Dell PC with Win10 pro(not online) all updates current. Set recommended ethernet ip address. Followed bench testing as applicable(some hardware functioning from legacy Mach3(Gecko's motor power supplies e-stop button etc. Hooked up Centroid supplied shielded ethernet cable. Powered up Acorn then started cnc12. AS far as I can tell I have good communications. No error messages and I can force Output 2 on to enable my drives, I can jog, set home. Before the new reinstall I had my E-stop connected as per Centroid schematic, Inpu8 thru switch to Com on H9 header. and bench tested successfully. When I booted new install I was getting an E-stock fault that wouldn't reset, nor could I home. I disconnected from the H9 common and the fault reset. On the report Tom was looking at I believe I had Spinccw and Spincw set to two outputs. I was trying any button that should a toggle any output not internally assigned. Moving ahead to currrent new install.
Just like magic everything works now just as you said ,but CNC12 is booting in auto mode. I had to toggle that before the buttons would work. My Centroid Oak lathe system gives me a screen prompt if you try to start the spindle and are in Auto mode and conversely if you run a program and are in Manual mode it prompts you to toggle into auto mode. Is there a way to get that function in the Acorn code? Also the communication errors are gone and the" fatal exception has been detected" followed by CNC12 shutdown has been healed. When I create a report it now creates a report and doesn't show the cncm.exe is not responding message. There may be more issues associated with downloading files on a Mac than just the licensing problems.
I will move forward on building my router VCP. It would be very helpful if someone could post a logic path diagram that shows the variable names assigned to input and output points, the blocks(searchable name in source code) that et executed in that path. Whether any logic state is persistent and where that state is located.(It seems much of this info used to be on the I/O diagnostic screen). With this information in hand it would be fairly easy to program a custom input to an output. A lot of this information is contained in some videos
The Wizard needs an upgrade. There are many spindle control options out in industry but common to all is the ability to turn a spindle on and off. Why that is not in the wizard baffles me. I realize at its current level it can't assign two buttons to one output. A real wizard can do things like that, but a real Wizard would not use a SpinCCW key to turn a spindle off unless they wanted to see a heavy chuck chip the ways as it bounced off and crushed someones foot; or watched the smoke pour out of their VFD because they didn't have the correct resistor pack installed.

Thanks everyone for their patience and help,
Chipwelder I have a picture and a story behind that user name can I post in and make it visible thru my profile now that I am on PC platform?

Greg
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

First, there are all kinds of issues when you download CNC12 on a Mac. Downloading CNC12 on a Mac can corrupt the file. The program and the license code. Use a PC, it's PC software, not Mac.

To enable your drives at startup you should be using "NoFaultOut" as an output in the wizard. When you boot CNC12 and then press the "reset" button on the VCP it'll enable your drives automatically if there are no other faults. Forcing any output off or on is not the correct way. This info is in the manual and there are diagrams on how to wire it up.

As for your e-stop fault you say you had you probably just needed to toggle the input state in the wizard and it would have fixed it. This info is in the manual and on the input wizard page.

As for your VCP, there's an entire 53 page manual on how to customize your VCP. Once again, there's no need to edit ANY source code to customize the VCP. I have edited, EVERTY button on my VCP and never looked at or changed any source code manually.

The stock VCP allows you to turn the spindle off and on just like what you speak of that's "out in industry". Those buttons have always been on the VCP and have always worked right out of the box with no programming needed.

And lastly for the record, the VCP does not use SpinCCW as you call it to turn off the spindle. The red and green buttons in the spindle section of the VCP turn it off and on. The M3 and M4 set the direction of the spindle. The red button turns the spindle off as does M5 in a program or MDI. Once you start the spindle by setting the direction and then pressing the spindle start button you can adjust the speed from the VCP and then press the red spindle stop button.

All the issues you have had have nothing to do with CNC12 or the wizard or the VCP. It's simply a lack of knowledge and understanding of CNC12 and how it works. In time it'll all click and you'll see just how easy and user friendly CNC12 is. It's the best DIY software/hardware package you ever find, bar none.