Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Show me your Custom VCP's!

Post by suntravel »

but i suppose that is not to switch to the new 0-100% rapid override function ?

Uwe
l3viathan
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: No

Post by l3viathan »

You have a good point. I noticed there are buttons (plus, minus, 25%, 50%, 100%) specifically for rapid rates, which begs the question, why does the default layout include the override button, but no buttons to actually effect the rapid rate?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The ability to control the rapid override percentage, separately from the feedrate override percentage, is a very recent development that is not universally supported.

For the 1994 - 2022 time frame, Centroid controls had/have a "Rapid Override" on/off control (jog panel button, and also F9 key on certain CNC screens).

The traditional Rapid Override button selects whether rapid moves (and jogging moves) should have the feedrate override percentage applied to them (rapid override ON), or whether they should run at full speed regardless of the feedrate override setting (rapid override OFF).
brittfussel
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes

Post by brittfussel »

I have been able to successfully write a macro and design my own button for the VCP. I've also been able to successfully modify the VCP to use my new button design and activate my macro. I was able to replicate the color used by Centroid for the VCP buttons, but I do not know the font that is used. Since the fonts are blown apart into paths, I cannot determine the font. Can someone tell me the font that Centroid uses for the buttons for the latest version of the Centroid 12 software? I tried searching on the keyword font in this thread and the keywords VCP font in the Acorn discussion but did not find anything. I did notice a post that might suggest that Centroid designed their own font? I did notice a post comment that someone redesigned all their buttons to use the same font. My OCD is strong on this one but not so strong to redesign all the buttons. But I could get there. Thank you for your assistance.

Britt
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

brittfussel wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:27 pm My OCD is strong on this one but not so strong to redesign all the buttons. But I could get there. Thank you for your assistance.

Britt
My OCD is apparently slightly stronger than yours as I redesigned EVERY button on the VCP. The OEM buttons us various size fonts and some look bold where others dont. I couldn't take it any longer and made all new ones and added a boarder around each one. All use Arial font and all fonts are the same size. I sleep a lot better now. :mrgreen:
Sword

Post by Sword »

ShawnM wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:31 pm My OCD is apparently slightly stronger..... I sleep a lot better now. :mrgreen:
:lol: I resemble that remark. And, some have square corners, where others are rounded. :o That seems to be some radiused rectangle issue though. If you open them in Inkscape, select them, and use the rectangle tool, one corner RX or RY is set to 0.0. Edit to match the radius for both and they're fixed.
Scott
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Sword wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:57 pm
ShawnM wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:31 pm My OCD is apparently slightly stronger..... I sleep a lot better now. :mrgreen:
:lol: I resemble that remark. And, some have square corners, where others are rounded. :o That seems to be some radiused rectangle issue though. If you open them in Inkscape, select them, and use the rectangle tool, one corner RX or RY is set to 0.0. Edit to match the radius for both and they're fixed.
Thanks Scott, I tried to forget that part but now the nightmare is back. There goes my good nights sleep. :o

I did actually forget about the corners but yes, all my buttons also have nice rounded corners. I made a blank button template for each of the colors I have so now I simply open the "blank yellow button" and I can add whatever text I need, centered of course. :mrgreen:
RonnieW

Post by RonnieW »

brittfussel wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:27 pm I have been able to successfully write a macro and design my own button for the VCP. I've also been able to successfully modify the VCP to use my new button design and activate my macro. I was able to replicate the color used by Centroid for the VCP buttons, but I do not know the font that is used. Since the fonts are blown apart into paths, I cannot determine the font. Can someone tell me the font that Centroid uses for the buttons for the latest version of the Centroid 12 software? I tried searching on the keyword font in this thread and the keywords VCP font in the Acorn discussion but did not find anything. I did notice a post that might suggest that Centroid designed their own font? I did notice a post comment that someone redesigned all their buttons to use the same font. My OCD is strong on this one but not so strong to redesign all the buttons. But I could get there. Thank you for your assistance.

Britt
Best I can tell is: Franklin Gothic Demi Cond

I just used an online Font Finder and uploaded a screenshot from the manual. That could get you close and then might have to tweak kerning of fonts in an illustration program.
brittfussel

Post by brittfussel »

RonnieW wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:29 pm
brittfussel wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:27 pm I have been able to successfully write a macro and design my own button for the VCP. I've also been able to successfully modify the VCP to use my new button design and activate my macro. I was able to replicate the color used by Centroid for the VCP buttons, but I do not know the font that is used. Since the fonts are blown apart into paths, I cannot determine the font. Can someone tell me the font that Centroid uses for the buttons for the latest version of the Centroid 12 software? I tried searching on the keyword font in this thread and the keywords VCP font in the Acorn discussion but did not find anything. I did notice a post that might suggest that Centroid designed their own font? I did notice a post comment that someone redesigned all their buttons to use the same font. My OCD is strong on this one but not so strong to redesign all the buttons. But I could get there. Thank you for your assistance.

Britt
Best I can tell is: Franklin Gothic Demi Cond

I just used an online Font Finder and uploaded a screenshot from the manual. That could get you close and then might have to tweak kerning of fonts in an illustration program.
RonnieW

Thank you. I'll take a look at it

Brittf
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

I switched to "Segoe UI" semi bold, bold, and black a few years ago for new button text but,
many of the original buttons use Arial Black and Bold for the font
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html