Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Show me your Custom VCP's!

Post by XYZgnomon »

LinkCNC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:02 am Report included in case someone would like to borrow from it :D

Troy
How did you eliminate the "Push to free" and "VCP Options" buttons?
XYZgnomon
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by XYZgnomon »

johnsattuk wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:21 am Would love to see a VCP similar to the Estlcam controller. Muli-speed jogging buttons very simple layout, very easy to use, very easy to teach non-technichal people to use.
Unfortunately way past my skill set to generate
I'd like to know more about Estlcam. It's kind of opaque, unfortunately. Very little easily searchable info that I can find without knowing where to look.
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Centroid's feed hold button has been in that place since the '90s. I think you are the first to consider it a quirk. Good luck with whatever other controller brand you choose.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

XYZgnomon wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:46 am
LinkCNC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:02 am Report included in case someone would like to borrow from it :D

Troy
How did you eliminate the "Push to free" and "VCP Options" buttons?
I'll betcha a dollar the button is still there, he changed the image, because you can do this, to have no border, no text and made the button the same color as the background to give the appearance of no button. :mrgreen:

As stated previously by others, good luck in your choice of another controller.
XYZgnomon

Post by XYZgnomon »

I appreciate that you guys are passionate about CNC12 and like it just like it is (although this is weird for a thread specifically dedicated to modifying the UI), but I have a lead on how to make the changes that I proposed. I'll follow up when I have it figured out.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

I am passionate about Centroid and it’s products for sure. That said, I for one didn’t like it the way it was and was excited when you were finally able to customize the VCP. There was a time when you couldn’t easily edit the VCP at all. Imagine what that would have been like. :shock: I changed every buttons on my VCP as I wanted a cleaner look with uniform buttons and fonts. That’s what we are sharing here, custom VCP’s. I also have several custom macros and custom buttons on my VCP that allow a more efficient workflow for my kinds of jobs. There are over 60 buttons on the VCP that are editable and can be customized any way you want. But maybe that’s not enough for everyone. :mrgreen: Again, good luck with your VCP.
XYZgnomon

Post by XYZgnomon »

ShawnM wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:47 am I am passionate about Centroid and it’s products for sure. That said, I for one didn’t like it the way it was and was excited when you were finally able to customize the VCP. There was a time when you couldn’t easily edit the VCP at all. Imagine what that would have been like. :shock: I changed every buttons on my VCP as I wanted a cleaner look with uniform buttons and fonts. That’s what we are sharing here, custom VCP’s. I also have several custom macros and custom buttons on my VCP that allow a more efficient workflow for my kinds of jobs. There are over 60 buttons on the VCP that are editable and can be customized any way you want. But maybe that’s not enough for everyone. :mrgreen: Again, good luck with your VCP.
On page 1 of this thread, you modified one of the buttons that are supposedly unavailable to edit, "VCP OPTIONS". How did you do it?
CNCisRobot

Post by CNCisRobot »

I am new and before I customise the VCP I have downloaded Inkscape and have tried to make some buttons. If I make a very simple button 2 squares and text they seem to work. But I would like rounded buttons but as soon as I add curves they disappear and show as square on the VCP. And if I try to make a fancier button then they just don't show up on the VCP. Is there some guidelines or specific rules for making buttons in Inkscape. I have not seen any rigid info in the documentation or on YouTube. Thanks Darren.
cycle_start.svg mod.svg
(3.39 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
cycle_start.svg
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
cycle_cancel.svg
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
cycle_cancel curve.svg
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Attachments
cycle_start.svg
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Hi Darren, there is rigid info in the VCP manual. Have a look at the "troubleshooting" section of the manual. It lists all the rules when customizing buttons with text and images. It's all about vector conversion and outlines. There is specific info for Inkscape as well as links to a few YouTube videos on how to achieve what you want to do. I rounded ALL my buttons, in fact I changed every button on the VCP to look uniform. I use Adobe Illustrator so I cannot comment on the exact procedures for Inscape but that section in the manual can point you in the right direction.

Just looking at your first button, the cycle start "mod" button, the line in the center is a font, it needs to be converted to outlines before you can display it.

Hope this helps.
CNCisRobot

Post by CNCisRobot »

Hi Shawn, thanks for the reply, I have been playing for 3 days on this and going round in circles. I changed the yellow buttons to square with round corners and I but text like X+ these displayed ok except for the round corners which is one reason why I was getting confused. I tried to convert font to object to path did not seem intuitive and it seemed like nothing happened but it does change from font to lines. It did not fix the round corners though, so I tried the same on my rounded corners on the square and like magic I have round corner buttons, this is so not obvious and intuitive. I thought I would then try the gradient square doing the same however this stopped the VCP from loading with error this is the first time I have seen this. So my last puzzle is how to have gradients on the buttons because I think this looks nice. I used to program in LabView so I used to make custom buttons for the gui in that. Any ideas on how to have gradients on buttons?

Thanks

Darren.