Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: oc1c5708fb62-01224202901
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Show me your Custom VCP's!

Post by SpacedmanSpiff »

Figured it out. Nothing to do with centroid. Something was goofy with my file transfer between computers. Had to delete the old file before saving the new file....all the best sean
slice
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by slice »

I am working on using a background posted by Linkcnc for my mill. Everything is going well except row 6. Originally there were 3 double space buttons in row 6. I am wanting six single space buttons for home, Incr/Cont, x1, x10, x100, and MPG. I have my six buttons working. If I do anything to the 3 buttons on the background in row 6, cnc12 won't load the background. I have tried dragging them off to one side of the background, leaving them where they are and making them the same color as the background, deleting them, and cnc12 won't load the background. I am using Inkscape.

I have attached the background.svg and a report.

Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
report_0035FF621C78-0206214328_2021-12-20_20-24-08.zip
(472.37 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
background.svg
(27.2 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
slice

Post by slice »

I actually started over. I made the background and then made each button an actual button instead of a graphic on the background. I'll post a picture when complete. It's slow going. Not being experienced in vector graphics, I had to have a friend of mine give me a crash course in it. Now I know enough to be dangerous.
cad cam man
CNC Control System Serial Number: 4372

Post by cad cam man »

Hey Keith are there any updates on if we will be able to edit our vcp's offline ?? I know this was something suggested and I think it would be a really good idea

Thanks,
Michael
centroidsupport
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by centroidsupport »

You could remote into your machine using Teamviewer or something similar
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

cad cam man wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:52 am Hey Keith are there any updates on if we will be able to edit our vcp's offline ?? I know this was something suggested and I think it would be a really good idea

Thanks,
Michael
the VCP by definition is tied to CNC12's PLC program. you can edit the VCP files on any computer you just cant test it without an Acorn connected to the computer as the PLC program lives on the Acorn. Yep is has been considered and discussed to put the effort into building a VCP software emulator so the VCP could be operational without an Acorn, that idea is on the list but not high on the list at the moment as we are doing a big push to get Plasma released! along with updated Mill,Lathe and Router versions to go with it. For now make a copy of the cncm/t folder as a backup and then edit the VCP files you want to change on the computer that is connected to the Acorn. Some oem's and integrators pick up a spare Acorn so they can run CNC12 on there desktop computer for various reasons including VCP editing.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

How about just a static VCP display tool?

For example, when someone posts their report here and asks "why does my xxx key not do yyy?", it would be helpful to be able to just open up their VCP on the screen and see what keys are where, what they look like, and (ideally) have the action numbers and status bit numbers overlaid on the graphic or in a mouse-over popup.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

cncsnw wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:36 pm How about just a static VCP display tool?

For example, when someone posts their report here and asks "why does my xxx key not do yyy?", it would be helpful to be able to just open up their VCP on the screen and see what keys are where, what they look like, and (ideally) have the action numbers and status bit numbers overlaid on the graphic or in a mouse-over popup.
yes i agree and its on the to do list. thanks for your suggestions! I think we can make that happen fairly quickly.

for now....currently they way i do that is i restore the users supplied report.zip onto my desktop acorn system,

and the VCP skin is human readable xml so even if i can't load onto my desktop i can look at the xml and see what buttons are assigned to what location and i can see what functions they are assigned to etc.
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

working on a VCP emulator now.. what features would you guys like to see?
tblough
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Keith, I think just a display of the VCP itself and a command window showing the button presses and what macro they wpuld invoke.

Of course the VCP should emulate any VCP changes such as lights turning on or graphic changes due to user actions.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.