CNC Control System Serial Number: 0479B7ABE506-0318203048
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Show me your Custom VCP's!

Post by RichMaple »

>>"Just curious why one axis at a time."

Totally valid question and to be honest I don't really have a great answer. I've noticed I use my X0 and Y0 buttons (as well as an XY0) one all at various times. Sometimes I'm just jogging back and forth to make sure a piece of stock is straight along an axis and I can just hit the button to zero that one axis, and then set the other. But yes, sometimes I do set multiple at a time.
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

RichMaple wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:29 pm >>"Just curious why one axis at a time."

Totally valid question and to be honest I don't really have a great answer. I've noticed I use my X0 and Y0 buttons (as well as an XY0) one all at various times. Sometimes I'm just jogging back and forth to make sure a piece of stock is straight along an axis and I can just hit the button to zero that one axis, and then set the other. But yes, sometimes I do set multiple at a time.
I agree, I've also done the SET X0 and separate SET Y0 button on some VCP's but not for the laser. I was just curious, thanks.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

RichMaple wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:05 pm Just added two new zeroing buttons as I added a laser to my z axis which is not in-line with the spindle center. When I hit the Laser X 0 or Laser Y 0, it sets 0 with the offset of the laser (IE it sets zero at spindle center where the laser dot is).
Kind of hack but the laser cost me like $15 and the VCP change took like 20 minutes.
(sorry the pic is rotated... it isn't on my computer and when I click to enlarge it isn't rotated either)
thanks for posting. nice looking button graphics can you share and post a fresh report.zip then others can use them as well.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
S-K Machine
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901038

Post by S-K Machine »

Thanks guys for the input.
I am still just getting my beak wet with the control. I setup as much as I could on the bench before I mounted it in the cabinet.
That way I know it all worked on the table cables and all. I just finished wiring the cabinet and fired it up on monday. No SMOKE!
I am in the process of hooking up the motors this week to close up the cabinet and just be working with the software.

Keith I was following your youtube videos which really helped, thank you. You said there would be a part 2 on the vcp which would be great to help more of us learn how to make buttons from scratch. I don't know if you ever made it or I just did not find it.

Again I want to thank everyone here on this forum. They have been a tremendous help.
Jeff
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

S-K Machine wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:17 pm Thanks guys for the input.
I am still just getting my beak wet with the control. I setup as much as I could on the bench before I mounted it in the cabinet.
That way I know it all worked on the table cables and all. I just finished wiring the cabinet and fired it up on monday. No SMOKE!
I am in the process of hooking up the motors this week to close up the cabinet and just be working with the software.

Keith I was following your youtube videos which really helped, thank you. You said there would be a part 2 on the vcp which would be great to help more of us learn how to make buttons from scratch. I don't know if you ever made it or I just did not find it.

Again I want to thank everyone here on this forum. They have been a tremendous help.
Jeff
part 2 vcp video didn't get made, been busy working on plasma.. but everything i would have covered in a part 2 VCP video is in the excellent VCP manual. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... manual.pdf
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
novumindustries

Post by novumindustries »

FlySox wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:09 pm Latest revision, after another weekend of tweaking. Button locations and colors grouped according to function. Got all the macros working, and added swissi's probe app (just called "PROBE" on my VCP). The only thing that doesn't work -- and might never -- is the 50% feedrate override button. Any of you who have used a Haas knows of their Override section which is useful to choose quick preset override values. To get to 50% feedrate on the Centroid screen, I have to hit the button 50 times!! (or hold it down for a very long time, often overshooting; the whole thing takes too long anyway). I have rediscovered the "Feed" selection of the wireless MPG, so this isn't as much an issue anymore, but it would still be nice to have some feedrate pre-sets besides the existing 100%:

VCP 20210302e.png

VCP 20210302f.png

report_F045DA78E6A1-0102191494_2021-03-02_12-52-28.zip

I love your colour scheme and font choice!
May I ask which font this is called, so that I can generate a few extra buttons for my machine based on your theme?

Many thanks,
Tim
S-K Machine
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901038

Post by S-K Machine »

part 2 vcp video didn't get made, been busy working on plasma.. but everything i would have covered in a part 2 VCP video is in the excellent VCP manual. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... manual.pdf

Keith I downloaded that and have been reading it.
I can not seem to find any or the mfunc.mac files to modify?
Is it only acorn and not for the allin1?
I need to make a button to shut the air clamp of the rotary to jog it.

Thanks.
'Jeff
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

Jeff,
Hello.
VCP is available and included with CNC12 v4.20 for Oak and Allin1DC. under cnc control configuration select "Virtual" for jog panel type.

and all the provided M code macros are in the cncm folder.

i would use one of the pre setup M55,56,57 or 58 buttons.. you can press any of the 55,56,57,58 or other buttons on the VCP to see what macro has been assigned to it. then go edit that macro to do what you want. :D

see page 31 of the VCP manual "Hijack an existing Auxiliary key and change its macro and graphic and then move it."
FlySox

Post by FlySox »

novumindustries wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:49 am
FlySox wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:09 pm Latest revision, after another weekend of tweaking. Button locations and colors grouped according to function. Got all the macros working, and added swissi's probe app (just called "PROBE" on my VCP). The only thing that doesn't work -- and might never -- is the 50% feedrate override button. Any of you who have used a Haas knows of their Override section which is useful to choose quick preset override values. To get to 50% feedrate on the Centroid screen, I have to hit the button 50 times!! (or hold it down for a very long time, often overshooting; the whole thing takes too long anyway). I have rediscovered the "Feed" selection of the wireless MPG, so this isn't as much an issue anymore, but it would still be nice to have some feedrate pre-sets besides the existing 100%:

VCP 20210302e.png

VCP 20210302f.png

report_F045DA78E6A1-0102191494_2021-03-02_12-52-28.zip

I love your colour scheme and font choice!
May I ask which font this is called, so that I can generate a few extra buttons for my machine based on your theme?

Many thanks,
Tim
Hi Tim:

Glad you like the VCP! The font is Korolev condensed medium. It's an Adobe font, and part of their Creative Suite, so if you know a graphic designer who has a Creative Cloud license (or Photoshop or Illustrator), they'll likely have it.
SpacedmanSpiff
CNC Control System Serial Number: oc1c5708fb62-01224202901

Post by SpacedmanSpiff »

Is there a secret key to unlock moving the cycle start from row 10 ?
I can move pretty much everything else...
all the best
Sean