Acorn CNC12 v4.59 Public BETA rev14 is now available for testing!

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
MPU11 & GPIO4D -w/ 3rd Party Drives: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by cnckeith »

Please report back your findings, questions and suggestions here on this thread (and not anywhere else on the forum please.:-)

Acorn CNC12 v4.59 BETA Installation Video

Download CNC12 Acorn CNC12 v4.59 Beta rev14 installation zip
http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_diy ... 4_BETA.zip

draft v4.6 docs attached.
Acorn_v4.6_cnc12_parameters_rev2.pdf
(72.1 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
LaserSyncTest_Instructions.pdf
(712.63 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Release notes for rev 14

- Fixed issue that would rarely and intermittently result in erroneous limit tripped messages introduced in rev12.

- Fixed issue when keyboard jogging is enabled you cant navigate the config menu.

- Eliminated auto insertion of suggested max rates in the Wizard axis config page, (out of range max rate warning message is still present).

- Fixed lathe tool auto measure X offset for ID Turn, ID Custom, ID Groove, FFace Turn, and FFace Bore

- Added an option in the Wizard and CNC12 to turn off warning that states "check if probe is functioning correctly" (Parameter 410 )

- Added an escape button to DXF engraving menu

Release notes for Rev12

Acorn CNC12 v4.59 rev12

Improvements

- Added clean filter message but now allow users to set the frequency date that it appears in the Wizard can be disabled by entering 0 value. (sets parameter 421) Under CNC Control Preferences in Wizard.

- Added RPM_Sensor Input for one pulse per revolution Spindle Speed indicator that uses an Input, typical use with Hall Effect sensors. (note: can not be used for threading, threading requires a spindle encoder, spindle encoder and RPM_Sensor can not be used at the same time. If you have an encoder installed CNC12 reads the spindle speed from the encoder and the RPM_Sensor is not necessary. RPM_Sensor is for machines without a spindle encoder but the user wishes to have a true spindle RPM readout within CNC12 and displayed on the main screen. In the Wizard input definitions menu.

- Added the ability for users to set charge pump divider Value in the Wizard. Default value is 96 which is compatible with G540 and is automatically set when G540 is selected. A 0 value disables the Charge Pump. Note: Charge Pump output works only on Output 3 of the DB25 connector and can only be assigned to Output 3 in the Wizard output menu. Under Advanced menu in Wizard.

- Disabled keyboard jogging while in the F3 CNC12 configuration menu to eliminate keystroke conflicts.

- Added sample laser gcode files to ncfiles\laser along with Laser alignment test files.

- Lathe: Added ability for users to choose the Default Lathe operating mode. Feed per minute (G98) or Feed per Revolution (G99) G99 requires a spindle encoder while G98 does not. Lathe Wizard Spindle setup menu.

- Increased beta count down timer message to start at 45 days

- Improved M44, “Auto Z to Plate” VCP button to read probing values set be the Wizard to reduce user initial setup steps.

Fixes

- Fixed typo in the backing up of the cnct folder during install

- Fixed CNC12 not reflecting edited g-code until after restarting CNC12 or reloading the program

- Fixed Router Wizard VCP jog state on start up not taking.
Centroid_Acorn_CNC12_v4.60_release_notes_DRAFT.pdf
(300.22 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Acorn Router Pro License files can be purchased on the Acorn web page. here..

https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... oller.html

If you previously purchased Mill Pro you can for a limited time upgrade to Router Pro (#15077) for $79

If you previously purchased Mill Digitizing Bundle you can for a limited time upgrade to Router Digitizing Bundle (#15078) for $79
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
tuffduck
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
MPU11 & GPIO4D -w/ 3rd Party Drives: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Acorn CNC12 v4.59 Public BETA rev6 is now available for testing!

Post by tuffduck »

Hello,
I received this message when I tried to install the latest Beta. Ideas? Thanks
Attachments
Cantbackup.jpg
cnckeith

Re: Acorn CNC12 v4.59 Public BETA rev8 is now available for testing!

Post by cnckeith »

typically that is an indication of the VCP, Wizard or CNC12 being open while the installer is attempting to back it up.
we previously had report of this message without the VCP, Wizard or CNC12 being open, but i haven't been able to reproduce that.
a file, folder or program is open in cncm/t directories or the HD doesn't have enough room to back up the cncm/t folder.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
tuffduck

Post by tuffduck »

Hi,
None of the above were open, I checked it, task manager was open. Shut down the computer, rebooted and this this time it installed. I restored the previous report and re-cycled Acorn. Restarted CNC12, open the wizard, no message appeared but all of the settings were there. Checked ProbeApp and I had to re-install, selected repair and put the settings back in. I tested a small program nd everything seems okay.
Thanks
Attachments
report_0479B7E7BDC2-0205202948_2020-12-04_18-37-18.zip
(670.69 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

tuffduck wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:48 pm Checked ProbeApp and I had to re-install, selected repair and put the settings back in. I tested a small program nd everything seems okay.
There's no need to re-install the ProbeApp. Just copy the folder c:\cncm\probing from your old installation to the new beta.

When you just re-install, you will lose the ProbeApp configuration data as you experienced. All the configuration data is stored in c:\cncm\probing\ProbeApp.cfg

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
tuffduck

Post by tuffduck »

Oh, great. Thank you.
Threedj16
CNC Control System Serial Number: C8FD19F23AFF-0213180659

Post by Threedj16 »

So decided to convert my mill over to Acorn to match my lathe. Was drawing out all my schematics today and decided to do some bench testing since so many things have changed (as I'm on an older version with my lathe due to custom PLC software). Started out just running the latest release of CNC12 to test out the I/O functions to ensure my schematics are correct and noticed a few things. Decided to download this beta and see if they were different.

Anyway, just a few things I noticed while playing tonight and trying to learn the new software. Maybe I just missed something or they have been addressed.
1) Wizard - Per the Latest PLC I/O functions rev 24, it lists -ZriHomingAll - and I cannot find it on any of the input type lists
2) Wizard - Input type "All" does not list all inputs as the name would imply
3) Wizard - Input list could be in alphabetical order - sure would make finding them easier
4) Wizard - Noticed the warning on DB25 signal mapping is reversed, you can change to enable custom without warning, but when you go back to off, then you get the warning you should have gotten before going to on. Noticed the same behavior in the released version too.
5) CNC12 - On Probe Bore - the ESC and orient buttons are missing

FYI, I am loving the mill software. Wow, I have a ton of new things to learn, so need to get off my butt and rewire the mill (also adding DMM axis servos and already have a DMM spindle servo). Hopefully soon. Still figuring out how some of the inputs and outputs function with the software so I can finish up my schematics and begin wiring.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

threedj16... thank you for the feedback.. we can fix/add/update all of them

swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

Threedj16 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:45 am ...
Just out of curiosity, what's the reason you would like an Orient Button on a Bore Probe Cycle or with other words, why does it matter to you which axis is measured first?

BTW the ProbeApp offers now a 3-Point Bore Probe Cycle to find the center of a Probe. This is useful if one side of the bore can't be touched off for some reason (milled out etc.). In this cycle you can select which of the sides you'd like to probe:

P1.png

Check out this Post if you are interested in the features of the ProbeApp.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
Threedj16
CNC Control System Serial Number: C8FD19F23AFF-0213180659

Post by Threedj16 »

swissi wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:39 pm
Threedj16 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:45 am ...
Just out of curiosity, what's the reason you would like an Orient Button on a Bore Probe Cycle or with other words, why does it matter to you which axis is measured first?

BTW the ProbeApp offers now a 3-Point Bore Probe Cycle to find the center of a Probe. This is useful if one side of the bore can't be touched off for some reason (milled out etc.). In this cycle you can select which of the sides you'd like to probe:

P1.png

Check out this Post if you are interested in the features of the ProbeApp.

-swissi
It doesn't and if you noticed on the post I stated just started playing with Acorn on the mill, haven't even wired it in or even finished up drawing my schematics. But all the rest of the probe screens have those two buttons, but bore did not (at least the ESC would be good). So just making note.