CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Not getting max travel

Post by occustoms »

CNCMaryland wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:04 pm
occustoms wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:28 pm
tblough wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:54 pm

And that was your problem. Take the machine coordinate of your X origin and add the largest X move in your program (observe signs). If that exceeds you X max travel then you'll get a message. Take the machine coordinate of your X origin and add the smallest X move in your program (observe signs). If that exceeds you X min travel then you'll get a message. Do the same for the Y and Z axis.

Imagine I have 10 inches of travel in X. My travel limits are X min = 0 and X max = 10. Now I set my WCS one inch to the left of my max travel. That is now X = 0. Now I can have a part program that machines a piece of material up to 10 inches wide, but the X coordinates in the G-code need to be between -9.0 and +1.0, or I'll get a X travel exceeded warning.
correct. my max travel is 23.5 it was limiting out at 22.

i wasnt using max travel even when you added the negative and positive direction together. i was still shy by like .25 in or something from my full travel.

this weekend ill try and redo it with a video. only reason i will, is because it might be a bug or something.
You're not understanding what he is saying. You're hitting a soft limit. If you max travel is 23.5 and lets say you make you origin 1.5 inches from the end of travel, you will only be able to go 22 in total.
Correct im talking about the softlimits. thats why i posted the code. I have a total of 23.5in of travel in Y direction. My origin is located inside the material. You can add the negative max travel and positive max travel together and you sill see its less than 23.5 ( In the code.) in code its only moving something like 22.xx Total thats neg and posi combined.

I also did not move the material on the table. its the same size as my max travels. SO it should have worked just fine.
occustoms
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No

Post by occustoms »

here is the new code and works fine with more travel.
Attachments
1002.nc
(16.58 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Nigelo
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA80C8B8-0905181172
E415F6F70BC3-0318203049
98F07B91FC6B-0123236802
CNC11: No

Post by Nigelo »

Example 1: You have a letter envelope 6 x 8 (imagine MCS) and a label 5 x 7 (imagine WCS) to stick on it. You then position the label top 2 inches from the top of the envelope - Your label now overlaps the bottom by 1 inch.

Example 2: Imagine your garage is 20 feet long (imagine MCS) and your SUV is 19 feet long (imagine WCS). You position your vehicle 2 feet inside the garage threshold and then move exactly 19 feet and hit the wall rather badly.

Three of us have tried our best to explain the same thing to you in different ways. Your Job MUST be programmed to be compatible with your intended WCS origin by having this in mind. As you normally set the WCS just prior to running your job, try and make things easy for yourself by choosing an origin that is accurate and foolproof to achieve. As your origin is somewhere in the middle, this where I believe you have gone wrong.

No point in repeating myself but refer to my earlier post to see how I resurface my spoil board and within 1 or 2 thou of my Router's travel limits

Hope this helps but suggest you also read up on WCS within section 4 of Centroid's Mill Operators Manual
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"
Hope this helps
Nigel
occustoms
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by occustoms »

yes i understand the softlimit and moving your origin changes the max posi and negitive distance you can move as you only have the amount of travel that is programed in your softlimits. what im saying is. im still within my softlimits of travel. I didnt move my origin and try to travel 23.5in from that origin.

If you look at the code you can see on my Y travels Thats is my 23.5 softlimit max travel.

We are agreeeing on how softlimits works (mcs) vs (wcs) in conjuction with your origin and have far you can move based on your origin. I 100% agree with you and understand it.

I will double check that i (saw) cut the spoil board to correct modeled dimensions. maybe that is something i overlooked.
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Next time you run into this issue, post the g-code, the line number the error occurred on. And a report taken immediately after the error.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
CNCMaryland
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA7CBF8b-103011290

Post by CNCMaryland »

Looking at the code its exactly what everyone is telling you.

in the 1001 file your origin in about an 1 or 1.5" from the left edge of travel, that's the problem, just like we have been saying.

In the 1002 file your origin is actually on the corner of the travel, and that is why its fine.