Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Tool Length Sensor

Post by martyscncgarage »

tuffduck wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:31 pm So let me see if I have this right.
Orange - Input 7
Brown - Com
Green - Com
Blue - Input 6

Does this sound plausible?
I would not bother with the over travel switch.
Find the pair of wires that trip open with the slightest pressure on the tool setter
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by swissi »

tuffduck wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:31 pm So let me see if I have this right.
Orange - Input 7
Brown - Com
Green - Com
Blue - Input 6

Does this sound plausible?
It doesn't matter which wire of a pair goes to the Input and which one goes to COM and you can use any Input # you want as long as you configure the Input # accordingly in the Wizard.

Assuming Input 7 is your Tool Setter, configure the Input as ToolTouchOffTriggered. In the Tool Touch Off Tab of the Wizard configure it with "Opens when triggered" (NC Type).

If Input 6 is the safety switch, configure it as FeedHold2 and set it to NO (Red).

That should properly enable the Tool Setter and if the Tool Setter is pushed all the way down, the safety switch will activate a Feed Hold and stop all axes movements.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
tuffduck

Post by tuffduck »

With the 1 wire on input 7 and the other of the pair on Com. When I push the ProbeApp button the screen comes up. with the different probe/setter options. behind that on the CNC12 screen is a message that says to Hit the Cycle button to start. When I do that the message goes away and nothing happens.
swissi

Post by swissi »

tuffduck wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:58 pm With the 1 wire on input 7 and the other of the pair on Com. When I push the ProbeApp button the screen comes up. with the different probe/setter options. behind that on the CNC12 screen is a message that says to Hit the Cycle button to start. When I do that the message goes away and nothing happens.
The ProbeApp is basically a code generator. It dynamically creates probing scripts based on the selections you have made in the App and then hands over the script to CNC12 to execute them. If you don't make any selection in the ProbeApp and just tell CNC12 to execute the probing script it will do exactly what you have selected: Nothing!

I suggest you read the ProbeApp User Guide for more information.

-swissi
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

tuffduck

Post by tuffduck »

Is there a PDF version of the manual? I don't have an internet connection in my shop. Thanks
tuffduck

Post by tuffduck »

Hi,
I edited the mfunc6.mac file and ran a test for probe app and it ran fine. When I loaded a program and ProbeApp ran the spindle started. What did I miss?
Thanks
Attachments
probing_cycle.cnc
(56 Bytes) Downloaded 144 times
mfunc6.mac
(4.34 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
report_0479B7E7BDC2-0205202948_2020-11-30_17-01-46.zip
(620.48 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
swissi

Post by swissi »

tuffduck wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:13 pm Hi,
I edited the mfunc6.mac file and ran a test for probe app and it ran fine. When I loaded a program and ProbeApp ran the spindle started. What did I miss?
Thanks
You have to give much more details about what exactly you were trying to archive, the detailed steps you took, the results you got and where you think the results were not as expected. I can't read crystal balls but I can assure you with 100% certainty that not a single line of code exists in the ProbeApp that will turn on a spindle.

I looked at your modified mfunc6.mac file and noticed you uncommented the alternative M225 command but you did not comment out the default M225 command. That means you are getting two prompts now to insert the tool.

The ProbeApp is a tool that makes probing and setting tool height offsets much easier and more convenient and expands the basic probing functionalities of CNC12 but it is NOT a substitute for learning and understanding basic CNC Operations first.

-swissi

tuffduck

Post by tuffduck »

Thanks, I will stop asking for help. I don't understand how it works. I have read through the guide, followed the prompts. If load a program and then run it, ProbeApp runs, prompts me to put in a tool. When I hit green button the spindle starts.
swissi

Post by swissi »

tuffduck wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:35 pm Thanks, I will stop asking for help. I don't understand how it works. I have read through the guide, followed the prompts. If load a program and then run it, ProbeApp runs, prompts me to put in a tool. When I hit green button the spindle starts.
As I said before, the ProbeApp is not a magic tool that you install and it will eliminate the need for the machine operator to have a understanding of the basic G and M codes, machine setup and the basic workflow steps involved to run a job.

My suggestion is to learn the basic steps first to run a job successfully without the ProbeApp. If you run into issues you can post them here and more people will be able to help you if you don't bring the ProbeApp into the equation and make it look like your problem is with the App. If you have done a couple of successful jobs and understand the workflow, you will get the "Aha-Moment" what the ProbeApp can do for you.

If you still have questions or issues you think are ProbeApp related, post them in the ProbeApp Thread with a detailed description of what you are trying to do with screenshots of the steps you took and what you think did not work the way you expected it to work.That way the post will be in the right place and others might benefit from the resolution of that issue.

-swissi